What is wrong? Dissapointing Day at the Track

6.0ss

2 months ago I ran a 13.7 with a 2.01 60 foot on stock rubber, then I went and got...

Zippy tune and Torque converter, 160 degree stat, plugs and wires, 22" wheels and big break kit and ran SLOWER!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Even though the truck feels faster!!!!!!

First run was 14.1, (I was soo pissed off) 60ft was 1.97

Second Run was 13.7 60ft was 1.89

then the next to were consecutive runs and the engine heated up pretty good!

I was hoping for low 13's with my set up!!! What is wrong! :dunno:

Any ideas??

Launch is just a stab the gas on the yellow,,,, I have not tried to break torque it yet

What was the temp difference for each time frame?

How much weight difference from the stock 20" to the 22"?

Sacrificing some looks, maybe, is sometimes necessary to maintain goal speed. Weight of the wheels should be a factor considered. Not that you didn't do that.

most trucks with your setup do work very well using the off idle launch. i'd say you certainly have some gain if you ran the same time this past weekend. you are 2 months closer to summer therefore you are likely in much higher temps. you've stepped up from a heavy 20" wheel to an even heavier 22" wheel and larger brakes. all around you have alot more rotating mass to spin now. i'd have expected that in your previous state of tune in the exact same weather you would have likely lost up to .4 just by changing the wheels and brakes. with this being the case if you had 50-60 degree temps with your truck as it was you'd likely have gotten to your low 13's goal. when you come up for the event if you go to the track with us we'll try to knock some more time off that...

Sounds good Zip!!!!!

What about Heads and Cam??????  Can that guarantee me the 12's????

hard to say it would guarentee you 12's, but it would be your best shot at it. i wouldn't do heads though. i'm not sure there is enough gain on a radix truck to make it worth the money.

sweet,, ill take that into consideration,, I might have to visit you guys up there to have a cam and tune done along with those E fans that I never got finished up with !!!!! :crazy:

most trucks with your setup do work very well using the off idle launch.

Actually..... I disagree. It may feel like a stronger hit when you stop it off idle, but you'll end up with a better ET if you brake stall it. I've got my best 60' times when I brake stall it as high as possible, then stab full throttle a split second before releasing the brake. I've spent time logging with EFI and using the Gtech on launches. Stabbing from idle flashes a little higher, but there is about a .2 second gap from idle to full flash rpm. So thats one situation where what feels better is actually a bit slower in the 60' time.

22" wheels will hurt your ETs.

most trucks with your setup do work very well using the off idle launch.

Actually..... I disagree. It may feel like a stronger hit when you stop it off idle, but you'll end up with a better ET if you brake stall it. I've got my best 60' times when I brake stall it as high as possible, then stab full throttle a split second before releasing the brake. I've spent time logging with EFI and using the Gtech on launches. Stabbing from idle flashes a little higher, but there is about a .2 second gap from idle to full flash rpm. So thats one situation where what feels better is actually a bit slower in the 60' time.

22" wheels will hurt your ETs.

you'll find that .2 second gap between idle and flash stall the vehicle hasn't moved yet. if you're testing both the 60' times should be better going off idle. if you're running a cam their may be some gain in bringing the revs up a bit to up the velocity in the intake/blower. g-tech and efi live will always show better numbers using the load it method. the track though which starts the clock when the front tire rolls past the beams will show different times. before that front tire has even rolled far enough to break the beams your truck should have revved to the point of flash stall and spinning if it does.

my lowest ETs at the track were with a hard foot on the brake and a steady foot holding near 3100 RPM, but its a beeotch holding the truck back at that RPM range... Zip... are you saying i'd do better without a stall? i dont think im reading this properly... could be wrong tho...

6.0ss you should be right up there if not in front of me on times... (only diff i see is the headers, which have to help your trap speed - that and zip did your tune)

my lowest ETs at the track were with a hard foot on the brake and a steady foot holding near 3100 RPM, but its a beeotch holding the truck back at that RPM range... Zip... are you saying i'd do better without a stall? i dont think im reading this properly... could be wrong tho...

6.0ss you should be right up there if not in front of me on times... (only diff i see is the headers, which have to help your trap speed - that and zip did your tune)

for a comparison, check your 60' times with your smaller pulley compared to mike's (infinis) with the stock pulley who was launching off idle. the use of a stall isn't just for pre-load. i recomend having the stall converter for certain. you'll know that you've picked a high enough stall when your 60' time is the same when you pre-load it compared to when you go off idle. this of course doesn't apply to turbo's...

Archived