Softball Size Hail + SSS = Damage

m396 #00-011

:banghead:  :mad:  :tear: ....developing......

I know what you mean... I pulled into the driveway just in time to pull my SS in. I just got the garage shut when it started going crazy. We didn't get anything softball size where I'm from but it was pretty bad. Trees are down everywhere and it's pretty bad. The duramax sat outside in the storm though :( what can I say, it's a work truck :( There wasn't any damage though. Sorry about your truck.

I was oblivious to the whole thing. I knew a storm was coming in, and went over to the new house to close up the windows. (Contractors arn't very good at that) I made it to work and inside before the rain. I knew it was rainging hard, but had no idea it hailed. I overheard another conversation, and decided to take a look outside.

At that time, it was over. First inspection showed nothing. (Damn Zaino beading up hid everything) As the truck dried off, it just got worse. There was a few broken windows out of the deal. I missed that part, but stopped counting all the dents. None looked like softball size dents, but many, many smaller dents with even more blemishes.....hood, cab, fenders, box, sides, etc.... :tear:

Excuse me, I'm feeling a little :throwup:

Didn't look so hot this morning. Not a lot of large dents, just a bunch of small dents and blemishes. The larger ones are on the side of the truck. :eek:

I don't know what to do at this point. I'm not really one for paint work beyond factory. but, I don't know if the paintless route is going to make me happy.

Why me..... :sigh:

On a side note, I think the Mallett would have faired better. :happysad:

Sorry to hear about the Hail. I do Paintless Dent Removal for a living, sorry you dont live closer, I'd love to take care of it for you. A good PDR guy should be able to make it look PERFECT! Don't settle for anything less. PM me I know a few guys farther east. Remember, PDR should look like nothing was ever there.

Chevy trucks are pretty good rigs to work on, not bad metal.

Wizard

I can relate. About 7 or 8 years ago I left my new Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 parked under a big old oak tree. Acorns dropped on it all night long. In the morning I had dings and dents all over the hood and roof. I went to a paintless dent removal guy and he worked wonders. I mean it wasn't perfect when he was finished, but you had to examine the finish with a magnifying glass to see any residual damage.

I would highly recommend that you check out the process. It's a lot cheaper (thousands) than a good paint job plus you get to keep your factory finish. Hope this helps.

time to call the insurance company and tell them the story of the hail that damaged your supercharger...honestly the hail just made it disappear. :jester:

seriously though, sorry to hear about the bad news. hopefully something good will come of this.

Sorry to hear about your hail damage.

Mine is in the shop recovering from riding lawn mower damage. I was going down a 2 lane highway last week and got peppered by a dumb arse mowing along the side of the road. Just as I approached "SHE" CROSSED HER GRAVEL DRIVWAY WITH THE BLADE ENGAUGED. It got the bumber, grille, hood, windsheild, and every panel on the drivers side. I'm getting it back monday.

I haven't met w/ the adjuster yet, but similar damage on similar trucks is running $1800 on PDR.

Like I said, many arn't deep, just multiples. :tear:

Thanks for the support guys. I need to just get it fixed. I had a spat in a 05' CrewCab DuraMax yesterday that was fun, but timing isn't right. :happysad:

Archived