Pics of new 22s, tires and hockey stripes...

Black03SS_NJ

Here are my new 22" x 9.5" ARE 311s from AUTOGUY, who gave me a fair price. He even hooked me up with a sweet deal on the 285/45/22 Toyo Proxes S/Ts, mounting and balance included. The black-on-black look was kind of stealthy, at least for a little while:

469501_4_full.jpg

And after meeting Brian and seeing his SS, I knew I had to have a set of CraigW's hockey stripes, which I ordered about 3 weeks ago. I was really torn between red and silver, and settled on the silver. Craig took the time to modify his design to include a break in the stripe with the "SS" logo, just like I wanted. After many days of staring at them, and several emails to Brian and Craig, I finally got up the courage to install them last night. It went pretty smoothly, especially for a novice. Sorry about the lousy pics, the lighting wasn't great just before sunset.

469501_5_full.jpg

469501_6_full.jpg

Next, I plan on removing the SS logo from the doors to eliminate the double-logo. That is, when I get a chance.

Loooks good Matt, glad I could help. Once I get my new tire we should get together for some pics.

That thing looks like a different truck with just the wheels and stripes!!! :cheers:

Looks good now you need to drop it :thumbs:

I am up in the air on this one...I know it would look better, but we have some horrible roads around here. There's just other stuff I would like to spend the $ on right now. But maybe someday...

Truck is awesome.  I would leave the SS emblem on, but its your choice.

I go back-and-forth on this one too. Part of my fear is that the paint will have faded slightly around the factory emblem. My original intention was to move the factory emblems up to where the decals are (even more like '69 camaro), but the hockey stripe is about 1/2" too narrow. The factory emblems would stick out too far. We'll see.

Archived