(mpg city / hwy / combined): 12 / 16 / 13

Complete list:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...aa89fe1a08e7d96

Try poking around this website

http://media.gm.com/division/powertrain/index.html

They have some specs and picture of the engines

The standard 6.0 engine for a Silverado is the LQ4 Vortec 6000

The Escalade uses the LQ9 Vortec H.O. 6000

From what I understand, it is just higher compression and agressive timing (and resultant high octane gas requirement) that get the extra ponies out of the LQ9. It is also interesting that the LQ9 is made only in Michagan, where as the LQ4 is made in Mexico :unsure: or Michigan.

=========================

Vortec 6000 6.0L V8 (LQ4)

2003 Model Year

Displacement:

5967cc

Compression Ratio:

9.4:1

Assembly Site:

Romulus, Mich.

Silao, Mexico

Bore x Stroke:

101.60 x 92.00 mm

Horsepower:

325 @ 5000 rpm (GMC Sierra Denali)

320 @ 5000 rpm (GMC Yukon Denali/Yukon XL Denali)

320 @ 5000 rpm (GMC Yukon XL and Chevrolet Suburban)

315 @ 5000 rpm (HUMMER H2)

300 @ 4400 rpm (2500 HD and 3500 GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado equal to or greater than 8600 lbs. GVW)

290 @ 4400 rpm (Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana 3500 Series)

Torque (lb-ft):

370 @ 4000 rpm (GMC Sierra Denali)

365 @ 4000 rpm (GMC Yukon Denali/Yukon XL Denali)

360 @ 4000 rpm (GMC Yukon XL/Suburban)

360 @ 4000 rpm (HUMMER H2)

360 @ 4000 rpm (2500 HD and 3500 GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado equal to or greater than 8600 lbs. gvw)

350 @ 4000 rpm (Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana 3500 Series)

APPLICATIONS

GMC Sierra Denali (formerly Sierra C3)

GMC Yukon Denali

GMC Yukon XL Denali and Chevrolet Suburban

GMC Yukon XL 3500 Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado Pickup and Chassis Cab 2500 HD and 3500 GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado

HUMMER H2

Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana

==============================

Vortec H.O. 6000 6.0L V8 (LQ9)

2003 Model Year

Type:

Vortec 6.0L V8

Displacement:

5967cc

Compression Ratio:

10.0:1

Assembly Site:

Romulus, Mich.

Bore x Stroke:

101.60 x 92.00 mm

Fuel System:

Sequential Fuel Injection

Horsepower:

345 @ 5200 rpm

Torque (lb-ft):

380 @ 4000 rpm

Fuel Shut Off:

6000 rpm

APPLICATIONS

Cadillac Escalade and Escalade EXT

and its a cast iron block, the SSR has an all aluminium vortec 5300... and if you look around THIS site, you will be able to find a great many facts about the Silverado SS, infact, Mervz was so kind as to make a thread that has ALL the specs for it!

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...69d6624b465e155

Cast Iron blocks, Aluminum heads for both engines. What sounds weird to me is the composite (plastic) intake manifold :unsure: .

the composite intake is the new 'BIG' technology in an old design... Toyota uses it on is 1.8L engine and saw an increase of 5-8 hp in application. Not bad for an engine that only pulls 130hp. What happens is plastic doesn't transfer heat like the metal would and so you get colder air into the engine. Its made of a thermoset plastic composite that has an extremely high melting point, infact your block would melt earlier, so don't worry about it. ITS ALL GOOD! I am studying to be a plastic engineer, and i want to work in automotive applications, so not that i'm an expert, but the guy who wrote my books is, and he commented on them....

-Joe

Well, I had heard of the use of composites in engines for some time now, this will be the first time I have owned some, though. I was skeptical of the plastic radiator end caps on my '91 S-10, but one side lasted 11 years and the other is still there. I guess they would both be good if I hadn't been yanking the hose off a bit roughly :). So progress may be strange, but not always bad :blink:

I wonder how the composite intake handles the pressure of a blower?

andythompson005-

As I have contended on other theads here, I think the Whipple will bring the SS up to par with a stock Lightning (not everyone thinks so, but we will see ;) ). Whipple says it is getting 470 HP and 532 lbs/ft torque out of the Escalade, which has the same motor.

But a Lightning killer? Nah, those guys have had too many years to tinker with their trucks. They are way ahead on available aftermarket mods. And after a point it becomes a matter of "how much money and engine life do you want to spend", at the expense of everyday driveability. The SS with a Whipple will make a fast and fun truck for everyday driving, and make a respectable showing at the drag strip, which is what I am after.

-Dave

is this the first chevy with the " SS " badge based on a small block? and no big block motor? the Impalas & Monte Carlos were big blocks were they not? and of course the 454 SS trucks...

I still have dreams of a 68 RSSS camaro.... and a mullet.. J/k :lol:

Archived