24" wheels anyone running

if you could get 23's that are forged that would look pretty nice but if you plan on keeping your truck fast and not have to waoory about the pot hples and bumps.I would say stick to 22's they look good with a drop and ride just about as good.If you want bling just go for the 26 or 27's

or if you want bling just get some 22s with a lot of chrome

*cough*

|

V

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The answer to your question is YES they will fit. I am currently running mcgauphys deluxe kit with 305/35/24 size tires on giovanna gellos, also i even turned the torsion bars out 2 turns. You do have to make some room by zip tying the wheel well back to the firewall and forward in the front. You will get a little rubbing on the driverside if you turn all the way to the left but not bad. As for the way that it rides, its probably the same as with 22's people just automatically say that it will ride terrible. But how many of them actually have 24's? You dont have to dodge cracks or potholes in the road at all. And they look awsome on the truck if it is lowered right, so I do not know what sickboy is talking about. Believe me I had my doubts at first with the fitment but they will work, and you will have something different than everybody else.

The answer to your question is YES they will fit. I am currently running mcgauphys deluxe kit with  305/35/24 size tires on giovanna gellos, also i even turned the torsion bars out 2 turns. You do have to make some room by zip tying the wheel well back to the firewall and forward in the front. You will get a little rubbing on the driverside if you turn all the way to the left but not bad. As for the way that it rides, its probably the same as with 22's people just automatically say that it will ride terrible. But how many of them actually have 24's? You dont have to dodge cracks or potholes in the road at all. And they look awsome on the truck if it is lowered right, so I do not know what sickboy is talking about. Believe me I had my doubts at first with the fitment but they will work, and you will have something different than everybody else.

Do you have any pics of your SS with the 24's???? Its verry rare to see anyone with 24's on this site post any pics... :nonod::nonod:

The answer to your question is YES they will fit. I am currently running mcgauphys deluxe kit with  305/35/24 size tires on giovanna gellos, also i even turned the torsion bars out 2 turns. You do have to make some room by zip tying the wheel well back to the firewall and forward in the front. You will get a little rubbing on the driverside if you turn all the way to the left but not bad. As for the way that it rides, its probably the same as with 22's people just automatically say that it will ride terrible. But how many of them actually have 24's? You dont have to dodge cracks or potholes in the road at all. And they look awsome on the truck if it is lowered right, so I do not know what sickboy is talking about. Believe me I had my doubts at first with the fitment but they will work, and you will have something different than everybody else.

Do you have any pics of your SS with the 24's???? Its verry rare to see anyone with 24's on this site post any pics... :nonod::nonod:

:withstupid: I only remember Eliteauutotoyz's truck, DirtySSsouth's truck, a red one off cardomain, but it wasn't lowered. Jwachevy ran 23s and had no rubbing with 305/35/23, but I do remember somepeople complaining about 23s rubbing. I've got 23s and the ride is similar to 22s but you can feel it is rougher. Also it depends on the tire you go with, but when yo uare running a 35 low pro tire, the ride is rougher than if I went with a 40.

:withstupid: I only remember Eliteauutotoyz's truck, DirtySSsouth's truck, a red one off cardomain, but it wasn't lowered. Jwachevy ran 23s and had no rubbing with 305/35/23, but I do remember somepeople complaining about 23s rubbing. I've got 23s and the ride is similar to 22s but you can feel it is rougher. Also it depends on the tire you go with, but when yo uare running a 35 low pro tire, the ride is rougher than if I went with a 40.

Well, do you have any pics of your truck with the 23's??? Do you think it looks better on 23's than 24's???

Yes I do, these are pics of my truck its on the 23 inch rims with 305/35/23 tires. I think that 24s or 23s both look good, my favorite is still elite's truck with the 24s and lowering, it looks killer but it definately rubs. I went 23s with this combo of tire as I plan to lower it like jwachevy did. I would never go larger than 24s though.

Picture030.jpg

Picture029.jpg

IM000005.jpg

IM000004.jpg

And I have the link to jwachevy's truck which has the same 23 inch rims but it is lowered.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...wtopic=7015&hl=

Yes I do, these are pics of my truck its on the 23 inch rims with 305/35/23 tires.  I think that 24s or 23s both look good, my favorite is still elite's truck with the 24s and lowering, it looks killer but it definately rubs.  I went 23s with this combo of tire as I plan to lower it like jwachevy did.  I would never go larger than 24s though.

Picture030.jpg

Picture029.jpg

IM000005.jpg

IM000004.jpg

And I have the link to jwachevy's truck which has the same 23 inch rims but it is lowered.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...wtopic=7015&hl=

Wow!! Verry nice.....thanks for the pics... :cheers:

And they look awsome on the truck if it is lowered right, so I do not know what sickboy is talking about.

Im just saying 24"s rims on a stock height truck (to clarify things) looks like ass. Not to say dounome ants to do this becuse i know he already has lowered his truck. But the idea I was commenting on was that without lowering it's like rappers who put 24-26 inch rims on stock escalades and they think it's the shit when you see a open gap between the fenders and the tire. However they do look great slammed.

Drool......

DSC01352.jpg

• 1 month later...

Looks great can anyone tell me what are the lightes set of 24 and how low can we go with them. Another thing all of this crazy bad ass trucks are all missing the Bser roll pan to complete the look is anyone registering for the new list of roll pans this month. I wiant to get 24 but everyone say is not good can anyone with 24 speak up.

Looks great can anyone tell me what are the lightes set of 24 and how low can we go with them. Another thing all of this crazy bad ass trucks are all missing the Bser roll pan to complete the look is anyone registering for the new list of roll pans this month. I wiant to get 24 but everyone say is not good can anyone with 24 speak up.

I got some 24's,,,,The ride is almost like stock,you just have to be carefull with the big potholes...The truck is a little slower....I dont think anyone makes a light 24 inch wheel,all 24's are gunna be heavy...

You can run a Bonspeed 24" wheel that is billet, I can tell you the wheel will be half the weight of the chrome stuff you see the other 99.9 percent of people running. I think you can get them for $1200 per wheel. It will take you about 9 weeks to get them.

• 2 weeks later...

If you get 24s you have to expect them to be much heavier than stock. If you get a forged 22 then you will be allmost exactly the same weight as your stock wheels, maybe even shave a pound or so per wheel.

You can get racleline or centerline wheels in 22 that weight 36 lbs. Stock wheels weight 40 but you make up the differnce because the 22 tires weght about 2 to 4 lbs more than our stock tires. 305/40/22 nittos weight 44 lbs our stock tires weigh 40.

Archived