Regrets

SS Silv

Do you guys/girls ever regret putting all that money into your SS? After owning my truck for only 3 months I already put over 5,000+$$ in accesories into it. Although my truck is basically my life, somedays I kinda get pissed at my self for doing that. I meen look at what else I could have did with 5,000$. Maybe put it into my IRA. I'm not really say that I regret it, but do you ever have this same feeling?

yeah you coculd do alot of thing with 5K but, its your hobby its what you do for fun , but all hobbies cost money .Life is short man you gotta have fun while you can.

I look at this topic a bit differently - you are what you drive. I do not see myself as spending money on my truck but rather spending money on myself. I have a lot more thoughts on this, I'll stop there and only add that I know up-front these vehicles (I have several) are not 'investments', I will never see the money or time out of them I have put in. If you want to ever recover your efforts then you need to be playing with exotics, not Chevies. Also in all seriousness, if you think that you would be a better person spending your money on other areas of your life (home, family, career, ???) then that's what you need to be doing instead, or else you are just breeding your own regrets that you will have to deal with sooner or later.

No regrets here.

Mr. P. :)

well the only regrets i have are buying the step side, and not getting extended cab or 4X4 or getting leather....hell i regret not getting an SS! but dont look at how much you HAVE spent on your truck, look at how much your going to and how happy youll be. so spend some god damn money!!!!

well I have spent a touch over 5K (in wheels and tires and audio system [ARE II top was partically free])

I'm done at this point until extended warranty runs out then it'll be time for FI.

but if I have the money to burn early for FI i'm gonna spend the 6 or 7K on a bike instead

all in all i don't regret it

I have absolutely NO regrets about buying anything for my truck! I feel like I made alot of correct decisions in purchasing certain things concerning my SSS. I wanted to have a kind of classy, not so bling,bling truck, but one that catches everyones eye and I feel like I have accomplished that. The only thing I wish I could do is bag it. :sigh:

Late- Alex

Archived