Tonneau cover

fresca1919

I'm getting the bed sprayed this Friday and now need a tonneau. I was thinking I'd like one of the roll back covers, but the folks a Trick Trucks said they have had a lot of problems with binding and springs not retracting the cover after a year of use. My last truck had a fiberglass cover that made it impossible to care anything over 18 in tall. Not that I do that very often but it would be nice to have the option.

I'm getting the bed sprayed this Friday and now need a tonneau. I was thinking I'd like one of the roll back covers, but the folks a Trick Trucks  said they have had a lot of problems with binding and springs not retracting the cover after a year of use. My last truck had a fiberglass cover that made it impossible to care anything over 18 in tall. Not that I do that very often but it would be nice to have the option.

I have an extang full tilt and I love it

It hinges all the way in the back and you can unsnap it or just take it off all in 1 piece in like 30 seconds. They also make one that's snapless. They both work the same way though. If you have something over 18" tall that you werent planning on hauling you can roll it up like a normal tonneau, or like me, when I wanna take my 4 wheeler out, I just pop the shocks off and lift it off all snapped up. Definately worth the 350.00! hope that helps Chad

I'm getting the bed sprayed this Friday and now need a tonneau. I was thinking I'd like one of the roll back covers, but the folks a Trick Trucks  said they have had a lot of problems with binding and springs not retracting the cover after a year of use. My last truck had a fiberglass cover that made it impossible to care anything over 18 in tall. Not that I do that very often but it would be nice to have the option.

Before I got my extang full tilt I thought about ordering the one joe (6.0ss) got. But I'm definately happy with my extang.

Before I got my extang full tilt I thought about ordering the one joe (6.0ss) got. But I'm definately happy with my extang.

I've got the GM tonneau cover, nice and simple ...no complaints.

I have had the Extang R/T on mine for a little over a year now and so far so good. The only problem I have had so far is the locking latch thing broke and the weather stip that goings accross the tailgate shrunk and there was like a 8 inch gap. I called them up and in two days I had a new latch and weather strip, they seem to have real good customer service. :thumbs::thumbs:

Hey ImpoSStor SS, how hard was it for you to get a new tarp, and where there a lot of questions and did you have to send the old one back? I'm asking because I have noticed in places the velcro does not stick like it use to and was thinking of asking for a new one.

Hey ImpoSStor SS, how hard was it for you to get a new tarp, and where there a lot of questions and did you have to send the old one back?  I'm asking because I have noticed in places the velcro does not stick like it use to and was thinking of asking for a new one.

When I first installed it at the beginning of March for the Detroit Autorama it was loose or baggy near the left front. The first time I called the service rep gave me dimensions to check - side-to-side & front-to-back, both ends. They checked out so when I called back they said they'd ship a new tarp. They didn't want the other one back. The replacement fit perfectly! My truck hasn't been outside much yet so I cannot attest to the durability but I really like the fit.

I have the Extang RT cover as well and really like it. No problems at this point and so simple to access the entire bed. I had mine installed with the bed rail caps on, thought maybe it would cause the cover to be slightly loose, but everything looks great. Low profile and no hinges, shocks, frame to remove, etc...

Well I waited until a good one came out on ebay and I got a roll top cover for about half the cost. I have to say that this is much better (for me) than the tilting tonneau's because if I do want to haul somthing I just open the cover and let it roll up into the compartment. I like the looks of it as well because it does not sit on the side rails. As a matter of fact I can still use the pockets in the corners of my bed if I need to. I would definately recommend it!!

:chevy:

I'm still looking for the perfect tonneau. Any suggestions?

My Extang RT must have been built on a Friday afternoon... I've got all kinds of problems with it. It curls up at each end (by the back of the cab and by the tailgate), the tailgate weatherstrip has shrunk big-time (so it leaks), and the tarp itself has a bunch of really small holes in it - if you crawl under it on a sunny day, you see a million pinholes of daylight. And those one-size-fits-all mounting brackets were a pain; they don't fit Silverados very well. :dunno: There's a pic of it all curled up in My Garage... these days it's a lot worse than in the pic.

I do like the way it rolls up, and the fact that it's low profile - but that's about all I like about mine.

Archived