Will LPE's LS1-GT2-3 cam....

My plans for my SS are slowly coming together. To date I've done an Outlaw CAI, PCMforless, Corsa Touring, and a Zippy kit. All these upgrades are part of my plan to build a good foundation for a daily driver Radix truck.

I have three pieces left to add before the Radix goes on. These are headers, TC, and possibly a cam.

The header choices are pretty simply for me. In the near future I'm pretty sure I'm going to put a set of ASMs on.

The TC I'm going to install is a very streetable 2600-2800 stall from TCS.

And last but not least is a cam. I've read alot of good things about LPE cams for our trucks. The LS1-GT2-3 has gotten good reviews over at LS1Tech but I am open to other suggestions.

Thoughts anyone?

Regards,

Dan :P

:chevy: That looks to be a pretty good cam, you might look at vinci's site, they have some really good cams also. Their 045 cam, the "Trucker" is supposed to be pretty good. Those are the 2 that I am looking at. :crazy:

It be nice to know what the specs are.

Lingenfelter offers one of the best street camshaft available for the LS1 engine. This camshaft works great with six speeds or automatic cars. Tests have shown 25-30 HP improvement over factory LS1 camshafts with out reducing street driveablity. Camshaft specifications: 207/220 duration @ .050 .573/.580 with 1.7 ratio rocker arms 118.5 CL. Also sold in a kit with springs see LS1-GT2-3KIT

Regards,

Dan

From what I understand that cam was designed in a joint endeavor between Magnuson and Lingenfelter to be used with the Radix, so it is an excellent choice. BlownChevy is running this cam, I believe, with good results.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running the Thunder Racing CheaTR cam in my H2 now. Advertised specs are 214/230 with .601/.578 lift. Duration specs on the cam card were 215/232.5 on a 117 lsa.

I'm not running headers and I only lost a 1/2 pound of boost with the same 2.9 pulley.

This cam will crutch the exhaust flow pretty well if you don't want to go to headers.

This cam with the stock 3.1 pulley pulled as well as the 2.9 pulley did before but gave a lot better power when not in boost. With the 2.75 pulley this combo gets it done :) 8.5 psi in warm weather is nice :devil:

I'm running the Thunder Racing CheaTR cam in my H2 now.  Advertised specs are 214/230 with .601/.578 lift.  Duration specs on the cam card were 215/232.5 on a 117 lsa. 

I'm not running headers and I only lost a 1/2 pound of boost with the same 2.9 pulley. 

This cam will crutch the exhaust flow pretty well if you don't want to go to headers.   

This cam with the stock 3.1 pulley pulled as well as the 2.9 pulley did before but gave a lot better power when not in boost.  With the 2.75 pulley this combo gets it done :)  8.5 psi in warm weather is nice  :devil:

How do you think the CheaTR compares to the TR 224/227-114 nitrous cam?

Mr. P. :)

How do you think the CheaTR compares to the TR 224/227-114 nitrous cam?

Mr. P. :)

I couldn't say, really.

I know that the CheaTR is very boost friendly and sounds like a dinky cam. My CTS-V sounds more aggressive at idle.

Also, the CheaTR keeps about 15 inches of vacuum at idle. Stock cam on the LQ4 does about 18 inches. I doubt the 224/227 will do that.

Of course the 224/227 should make more power on a NA engine.

Archived