Another SS Dude!

blackhawk

If you paint the grill blue I would like to see some pics

Ben, if you paint that grill blue I'm taking you off my Christmas card list. ;) :D

Black would be cool but blue would look like those modded Caddie folks we discussed a few weeks ago. Pul'ease don't consider that, okay? :cheers:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably won't. I hope to not have the stock grille long enough to have the option. But if I had black, I'd be there. If you look at those pics it almost looks black and looks really good.

Oh, I totally understand but you don't have to have a black SS to do it. Black is a very neutral and class mod. I have painted my grills black in most of the vehicles I've owned. Only reason I have not already done it to this one is that I may put in an aftermarket grill so why bother with the paint thingy. :thumbs:

hatrack: :cool:

Thanks for posting the pics!

Lee, BenKey: :cheers:

Thanks for the replies; I guess I’ll have to wait till it rains sometime this century in Arizona, to race my buddy again. Also the grill is GREY, it’s just the lighting in the shop that makes it look black.

In the prior post I forgot to also add the tires that I put on with the new wheels, they at Goodyear GT11 (305-50 R20) They grip and handle a hell of allot better than the stock LS’s.

Dale:

I am a shift worker and a couple weeks ago I spent about 6 hours waxing the beauty… :eek: I used Maguire’s Gold, :thumbs: I have to say that that wax works great and dust doesn’t stick to it as bad. After reading some posts on the Zaino Bro’s wax a guess I’ll try that and see if it is any better. :confused:

jwest1975: :thumbs:

Installing the bed lid was no problem at all, I did have to remove the tailgate protector, because the lid is watertight and wraps around the bed. I covered the holes with plastic inserts that I stumbled across at home depot, they where in the hardware section next to the pop rivets.

I am going to replace the cheesy plastic front grill as soon as I can find a black aluminum/billet grill… :confused:

I am going to replace the cheesy plastic front grill as soon as I can find a black aluminum/billet grill…

You might be the one making it black. I've never seen any of them colored. I think that would look really good though.

BenKey:

I am not a fan of chrome other than wheels, so I am on the look out for a black grill. I can’t believe there aren’t any out there. I thought about purchasing a billet grill and having it powder coated though…

BenKey:

I am not a fan of chrome other than wheels, so I am on the look out for a black grill. I can’t believe there aren’t any out there. I thought about purchasing a billet grill and having it powder coated though…

Call Carriage Works and see if they can do that for you. Sure they get similar requests all the time.

The Subs and amp I added are Rockford fosgate.

2 10in punch subs

1 Punch 500 amp (bridged to over 700 watts)

The boxes I had special made by custom car audio here in Tempe AZ, they fit right under the rear seat and are color matched, you can’t even tell that they aren’t part of the truck. The RDS head unit needed an interface installed on it so that ON-Star would not get messed with. I did not use this company, but here is a link for what to get.

jp customs

I am going to replace the head unit with a pioneer deck soon and for that to be done the installer has to remove the RDS deck and hide it under the console so that it is still connected to the brain of the truck and has the proper interface. I guess if you remove the deck completely all the bells and whistles in the truck go off…

BenKey:

Blackhawk - there is a black billet grille out there, and they have it for both the main grille and the lower valance. Good news to the black SS owners, I guess. You should be hearing more about it after it gets posted.

-Ben

Welcome Blackhawk!

I am also in AZ and just recently purchased my own black SS... what part of town do you live in? There are two Black SS' in my neighborhood (mine being one of them) and a third within a mile of where I live in Chandler (dont know the blue guy, but see him around often). We seem to have a pretty strong local contingent! Lookin forward to seein you around sometime.

Archived