Employee discount!

Jonmalibuss

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we sold a butt-load of vehicles last month because of that discount.... the pontiac dealer next to us sold something along the lines of 3rd most in the U.S last month? CRAZY!!! Kinda weird..... cars kept rolling through the shop to get prepped... left and right... one that caught my eye pretty quickly... a 2006 Cobalt SS - NO SUPERCHARGER, AUTO TRANS, and a slightly smaller wing. the SS emblems were placed lower on the door panel than the previous supercharged ones ive seen... kinda odd if you ask me.... bummer of the whole thing... it was only $1,000 less than the supercharged model!

we sold a butt-load of vehicles last month because of that discount.... the pontiac dealer next to us sold something along the lines of 3rd most in the U.S last month? CRAZY!!! Kinda weird..... cars kept rolling through the shop to get prepped... left and right... one that caught my eye pretty quickly... a 2006 Cobalt SS - NO SUPERCHARGER, AUTO TRANS, and a slightly smaller wing. the SS emblems were placed lower on the door panel than the previous supercharged ones ive seen... kinda odd if you ask me.... bummer of the whole thing... it was only $1,000 less than the supercharged model!

crazy i saw one of those too, i didnt think it was an ss but it had the bades. looks like i may be working for chevy here pretty soon.

Dodge jumped on the band wagon also. Good for all of us. I've read that you can get the same deal earlier but you had to hagle for it. The employee discount just makes it less trouble for the buyer. No price to hagle over. you get a great deal. Let the good times roll lol

No doubt great for the buyer, wonder what the effect on the dealers and private sellers will be down the road. It must have taken some real convincing to have all the GM dealers give up their profit margins. This price war cannot be good for the future resale value of our vehicles.

Mr. P.

Price war not good for our resale

:withstupid: My thoughts exactly ... if they are coming out that cheap I can just imagine how that will effect the trade in value in the future.

Also if anyone is in the market for a used vehicle this is like heaven ... the lots are just loaded with trade ins.

And finally I am concerned with how much profit the dealers were making before ... if they are still making enough profit on the vehicles at the current level (i.e. wanting to extend the sale) then they must have really been making a killing on the old prices.

--bastards--- :D

Price war not good for our resale

:withstupid: My thoughts exactly ... if they are coming out that cheap I can just imagine how that will effect the trade in value in the future.

Also if anyone is in the market for a used vehicle this is like heaven ... the lots are just loaded with trade ins.

And finally I am concerned with how much profit the dealers were making before ... if they are still making enough profit on the vehicles at the current level (i.e. wanting to extend the sale) then they must have really been making a killing on the old prices.

--bastards--- :D

Or, some of the dealers were just getting by and this tightening of margin will force the weaker ones out of business? :dunno:

No worries on resale. NADA goes by the MSRP price for depreciation as a vehicle ages, so the resale should not take a hit at all.

And the dealers will still make their money...3% of every sale is nothing to bat an eye at.

The dealers didn't want to extend the sale... I had heard that there are some dealers considering lawsuits against GM because of it. Over all the deal isn't all that much better than it was before GMS for everyone. Before the sale rebates were bigger and discount from the dealer was smaller. Now the rebates are smaller than they used to be, and the discounts are larger overall the prices are pretty close to the same. At least on the Pontiacs I sell but the higher the price the larger the discount, so on trucks the deal is probably a little better.

Archived