SRT !) VS?????

Luthier_1

I read the "street/strip" section, watching as the SS vs SRT10 posts start creeping in.

Amazing how a 15 second truck can beat a 13 second truck?

Why is that so hard to understand? I could race a 9 second bike on a graval road and beat him...I could race a 13 second SRT-10 on a rainy day and beat him...what's the big deal??? A race is a race. Like I already said, anyone could lose...to think you're the fastest is just plain ignorant!!!

True you are the fastest stock...we've given the SRT-10 credit for that...how many people on this forum alone keep there SS's stock??? Not many. It's not that outragious to hear stories of beating one.

I'm not making excuses, but look at the time frame here guys...the Syclone came out over 10 years ago...and it's running with the fastest production truck (the so called untouchable SRT-10.) IMO GM was way before their time of creating an end all be all in the truck wars...sure the SRT-10 is the clear winner now, but again that's for a stock truck 10 years later...again, not to many people leave there SS's stock...I'm not going to, and if I pull up next to one (SRT)...the hammer is dropping! If I lose...so what, I supposed to right!

The senario of an SRT-10 racing an SS is exactly like wrestling a girl in high school...if you win no big deal...you're supposed to. Just like the SRT is supposed to win against the SS. If you lose all hell breaks lose...a girl isn't supposed to beat a guy in wreatling (unless you pay for it) just like an SRT isn't supposed to lose against an SS.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GMC

1991 GMC Syclone 5.3 14.1 (M/T Sept 91)

1993 GMC Typhoon 5.3 14.1 (M/T June 93)

I don't have the magazines, but I am POSITIVE I saw a 13.9 for the Syclone when it came out, it must have been Road&Track, or..?

The 5.3 is 0-60 mph, and the 14.1 are tested 1/4 mile times, but they seem on the slow side to me?

Anybody here have a Motor Trend collection they can dig those two issues out from?

I google searched and also found a 13.6 time by "Sport Truck" magazine, with a 4.9 0-60 time.

I'm sure they are solid 13 second trucks with guys that can drive..?

I do remember that they were solid 13 second rides stock.

Both trucks are nice. The Dodge is faster in stock form, but can be beaten. I'm a GM guy though and through. Never have really been a Dodge fan, but I will admit that they are very nica and fast trucks. I love my SS, and no amount of bashing or SRT praising or going to change that for me. Besides, when I bought mine the Lightning and SRT-10 were both regular cabs, and I have 2 kids. I know, I know, that Ford has the Harley F150, and now Dodge has a SRT-10 crew cab, but like I said, I'm die hard GM. So let's just :chillpill: , and have some good ole bech racing.

well i can see i sturred a few things up here.let me say frist off im not queer. that was a dumb ass statement. from a dumb ass person if you dont want to hear about srt10 trucks stop compairing them to everything out there.i know the truck is not the fastest thing out there .but you guys are grabing at straws. i never bashed the ss like i said before i liked the truck. i had a turbo trams am (1987) so i know what that 4.3 motor can do. just because i state some facts; some losers here what to take shots thats ok i expected it from some peaple here.if all you have to compair to the srt10 is a truck thats around 20 years old to me thats a joke lets stay in the present day.but wait there is no gm truck that can compair to it .those are the real facts like it or not.im shure :banghead::crazy: the same morons that posted bs will have something to say.thats ok i expected nothing less.

I read the "street/strip" section, watching as the SS vs SRT10 posts start creeping in.

Amazing how a 15 second truck can beat a 13 second truck?

Why is that so hard to understand? I could race a 9 second bike on a graval road and beat him...I could race a 13 second SRT-10 on a rainy day and beat him...what's the big deal??? A race is a race.

Nothing worse than a "I could beat him if his car wasn't floored" argument.

Which is faster, a V6 Dakota, or your truck?

(Remember your scenarios now! :lol: )

I just think that once HALF of you are out of your SSSs, you'll look back with a different attitude? A truck is a truck, a car is a car, and there are ALWAYS somebodys or somethings out there that are faster.

let me say frist off im not queer. that was a dumb ass  statement. from a dumb ass person

That’s especially offensive coming from a person with no discernable grasp of grammar, spelling, punctuation, or the English language in general. :jester:

:withstupid: I mean come on here PREMIERS SS, get your act together with the grammatical mistakes. One or two are ok, but damn man... it's like reading ebonics or something.... :eek: Also, you are getting ridiculed for your harsh initial reaction to the SSS in this thread. I mean come on, this is the SS homeland as far as I am concerned, don't bash it. I don't care if you compare a civic to a HD silverado, 1/4 mile is a 1/4 mile.... don't matter what you weigh or how many cylinders you have...

Aren't Mustangs a domestic form of a ricer?

Yep!!! :jester:

I'm MoPar guy, and I disagree!!

I think the SRT4 is the domestic form of a "ricer", and I think the Shelby Lancer and the Mercury Merkur XR4Ti were also guilty as charged!

True, but some of the Mustang guys put the same crap on their car as the ricer crowd.

Which is faster, a V6 Dakota, or your truck?

(Remember your scenarios now!  )

Depends! Is the V6 dodge a 4x4! Are we racing in the mud? Too many senarios to play out...big difference is I'm not stupid enough to race a any 4x4 in mud or snow...I will lose reguardless. Exactly like an SRT might lose if he's stupid enough to race an SS on wet roads! It's not the race we're comparing here it's the senario...

A truck is a truck, a car is a car, and there are ALWAYS somebodys or somethings out there that are faster.

Exactly what I am trying to get across here...the SRT is the fastest truck with it's own perfect conditions! Dry, straight roads! Hook a 10,000lb trailer to it and I could out run it in a stock diesel. Does that mean the diesel is faster? Not in my book! But if some fat slob in a SRT wanted to race me in a pulling contest in my diesel he would be looking to have his ass handed to him...I'd gladly serve it up on a platter for him!!! Point is if someone is stupid to race outside of the conditions their cars/ trucks were intended for (SRT wet roads, towing, ect.) then they must face the loss.

We're comparing senarios here...nothing more!

Exactly what I am trying to get across here...the SRT is the fastest truck with it's own perfect conditions!  Dry, straight roads! 

:lol:

OK. I'm only gonna say this once....

"DRY STRAIGHT ROADS" are the conditions for proper drag racing!!!!!!!!!!

Hooking up trilers, pulling leads, adding snow, driving in reverse....?

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:

and again

:cry:

:lol:

My two shoes, older black Nikes, can beat your truck up a set of slippery stairs, so I can beat YOUR truck by running faster than it, righhht?

:wtf:

*back to reality*

Archived