You decide!

Jonmalibuss

I just recieved the first prototype set of BellTechs new spindles and I must say WOW! :eek: Someone did their home work! :thumbs:

Would you rather see this at your door?

772146_168_full.jpg

Or see this and wonder what the product looks like?

772146_145_full.jpg

Here is a picture of BellTechs new spindle!

772146_170_full.jpg

772146_171_full.jpg

Here is McGaughys spindle!

772146_178_full.jpg

The top stud McGaughys uses

772146_177_full.jpg

The top stud BellTech uses which can't unthread from the spindle and much larger diameter, also note the threaded holes which McGaughys doesn't provide they use a self tapping screw into cast iron.

772146_173_full.jpg

I don't have this view of McGaughys spindles right now but if you have seen a set you know what i'm talking about this view is looking at the bottom of the spindle twoards the top. BellTech doesn't weaken their spindles by recessing the surface where the nuts tighten down for the ball jounts. Mcgaughys takes about half of this critical material out creating a point for cracking or just breakage to start.

772146_172_full.jpg

These spindles are actually made to the same specs (as far as spacing from the bearing surface to the caliper mount) as the factory spindes. also look at the over all texture of the castings I painted the Mcgaughys because I (1) wanted to prevent rust (2) the casting was really rough and ugly I may just clear these to prevent rust because they are nice!

You make the choice!!! :smash:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Belltech's do look awesome.  Wonder how they are for unsprung weight?  What's the UPS shipping weight of the two kits?

Mr. P. :)

Thats a good question i'm guessing they don't weight much more if any but I will take the BellTechs to work, we have very accurate scales for setting up suspention and weight distrubution. I will then install the BellTechs and take McGaughys spindles to work and weight them and post the weights!

EDIT: This will be much more accurate because dealing with our shipping department you can over shoot your weight the endup being under so you don't get extra charges for being over weight!

The Belltech's do look awesome.  Wonder how they are for unsprung weight?  What's the UPS shipping weight of the two kits?

Thats a good question i'm guessing they don't weight much more if any but I will take the BellTechs to work, we have very accurate scales for setting up suspention and weight distrubution. I will then install the BellTechs and take McGaughys spindles to work and weight them and post the weights!

EDIT: This will be much more accurate because dealing with our shipping department you can over shoot your weight the endup being under so you don't get extra charges for being over weight!

What about the weight of the OEM pieces??

What about the weight of the OEM pieces??

Will do!

First of all, I'm not sure I'd blame a manufacturer for UPS or FedEx issue... :confused:

Next, I've heard that Belltech used McGaughys for a little more than a model....and that there is a lawsuit outstanding. Has anyone else heard this?

I think the McGaughy's aren't all that bad... especially considering they won a GM design award for their spindles. The shipping thing is honestly a shippers issues... Belltech didn't hand deliver your spindles and neither did McG's... UPS/Fedex/USPS would be responsible.

Now for function on an 05 w/ the larger rotors obviously the belltechs are the better option b/c they were meant to work with the 05 setup while the McGaughy's wasn't.

Obviously Jon you should go with the belltechs for your truck, but I still say McGaughy's is just as good as belltech when it comes to dropping 03/04 trucks.

First of all, I'm not sure I'd blame a manufacturer for UPS or FedEx issue... :confused:

Next, I've heard that Belltech used McGaughys for a little more than a model....and that there is a lawsuit outstanding.  Has anyone else heard this?

Maybe there is maybe there isn't I don't know but BellTechs product is by far superior to McGaughys.

I am also sure that the shipping is to blame for the damaged product but BellTech also takes extra care to insure their product arrives in the same condition it left their facilities.

I think the McGaughy's aren't all that bad... especially considering they won a GM design award for their spindles. The shipping thing is honestly a shippers issues... Belltech didn't hand deliver your spindles and neither did McG's... UPS/Fedex/USPS would be responsible.

Now for function on an 05 w/ the larger rotors obviously the belltechs are the better option b/c they were meant to work with the 05 setup while the McGaughy's wasn't.

Obviously Jon you should go with the belltechs for your truck, but I still say McGaughy's is just as good as belltech when it comes to dropping 03/04 trucks.

Your right Mcgaughys doesn't have a bad product and that wasn't what I was getting at but there is a good product and a better product and I would like to see how Mcgaughys actually fit on an 03/04 truck to see if the caliper bracket is misaligned like it is on my truck. The reason for this misalignment as far as they claim is because they are trying to make this spindle fit to many applications.

Archived