You decide!

Jonmalibuss

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention comparing a "one off" to a mass produced unit. Who knows what the Belltechs will look like rolling off the production line. Preproductions rule!!!

BellTech also takes extra care to insure their product arrives in the same condition it left their facilities.

Not trying to argue with you here, but how in the hell could Belltech do anything to ensure the package isn't damaged in transit? Did a guy from the factory come bundled up in the box with the spindles who made sure the box was handled nicely by UPS? :jester:

BellTech also takes extra care to insure their product arrives in the same condition it left their facilities.

Not trying to argue with you here, but how in the hell could Belltech do anything to ensure the package isn't damaged in transit? Did a guy from the factory come bundled up in the box with the spindles who made sure the box was handled nicely by UPS? :jester:

They were just packaged in a much nicer much more heavy duty box with re-enforcement. not like it really matters I mean they are cast iron!!!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. McGaughy's is the original and it is very easy to copy an idea and make subtle improvements to it like Bell Tech did.

If Bell Tech was so concerned with these trucks, they would have had these parts a year ago!!!

I would also rather buy from a person that is in the hobby for the improvement of the hobby and not just to "jump pon the Bandwagon" once they see how well someone else is doing with a specific product.

Just my Opinion. I have no problems with the McGaughy's system on my truck so far.

Uhhh did you order spindle part number 2507 by chance??? I see that number on the Belltech spindle and was just wondering?

I called belltech today to get exact part numbers but they gave me 2508 for the spindle...what is the difference do you know?

Uhhh did you order spindle part number 2507 by chance???  I see that number on the Belltech spindle and was just wondering? 

I called belltech today to get exact part numbers but they gave me 2508 for the spindle...what is the difference do you know?

Are you 2wd or AWD? could be the difference :dunno: I didn't order them they sent me these for R&D purposes knowing I had a VHO.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. McGaughy's is the original and it is very easy to copy an idea and make subtle improvements to it like Bell Tech did.

If Bell Tech was so concerned with these trucks, they would have had these parts a year ago!!!

I would also rather buy from a person that is in the hobby for the improvement of the hobby and not just to "jump pon the Bandwagon" once they see how well someone else is doing with a specific product.

Just my Opinion. I have no problems with the McGaughy's system on my truck so far.

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying BellTech coppied McGaughys ok so they are similar in design but you have your suspention points which aent going to change no matter what as far as upper, lower, and steering arm you must fill in between those points with some sort of structure and if your going to be doing 2" drop it's going to end up the same with the top stud there is no way around that!

Oh and BellTech did not just "jump on the bandwagon" They have had spindles for 00+ trucks for years I remember about 4 years or so ago when I did air suspention installing BellTech spindles on many 01/02 gm fullsize trucks. They just recently changed the design to make the install easier because prior to this design you had to flip and swap upper A arms flip the lower balljoint flip the sway bar then install the spindles so these trucks are nothing new for BellTech! :smash:

I installed the spindles today after work and the uninstall went as expected of McGaughys the stud came out of the spindle and the lock nut stayed on the stud.

The install of BellTechs went really well the caliper brackets are dead center over the rotor and the pads sit perfect on the rotor. I took the truck out for a drive and realized I got my turning radius back that I lost with Mcgaughys spindles! :thumbs: If nothing else that made the install worth every second and I still don't have any rubbing issues the stops keep the tire from hitting within 1/2" of the wheel well!

I installed the spindles today after work and the uninstall went as expected of McGaughys the stud came out of the spindle and the lock nut stayed on the stud.

The install of BellTechs went really well the caliper brackets are dead center over the rotor and the pads sit perfect on the rotor. I took the truck out for a drive and realized I got my turning radius back that I lost with Mcgaughys spindles! :thumbs: If nothing else that made the install worth every second and I still don't have any rubbing issues the stops keep the tire from hitting within 1/2" of the wheel well!

:thumbs::thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Oh and BellTech did not just "jump on the bandwagon" They have had spindles for 00+ trucks for years I remember about 4 years or so ago when I did air suspention installing BellTech spindles on many 01/02 gm fullsize trucks. They just recently changed the design to make the install easier because prior to this design you had to flip and swap upper A arms flip the lower balljoint flip the sway bar then install the spindles so these trucks are nothing new for BellTech! :smash:

But nobody liked their spindles because they ruined your turning radius, McGaughys spindles didn't. Their new design finally corrects that.

When Belltech made spindles for '99 and prior trucks, they pushed the vehicle's wheels out over an inch past where they were supposed to be. Go to FullSizeChevy.com and do a search, you will see that the general consensus is that the Belltech spindles were junk.

Does that mean that this new product is junk? Absolutely not. It may be fine. If it is, then that means that they took a little more time with R&D this time. Does that mean that they are better than the McGaughys product? I don't see how, especially by comparing how a shipper handles a box. I don't get the reasoning there. :sigh:

Archived