Vinyl back seat. WTF!

Hemikiller

Just got a 05 AWD a few weeks ago and the back seat was fliped up went I bought it. Fliped it down this weekend and its vinyl. Whats the deal . 43k sticker and only the front seats are leather. Talk about cutting corners. I've bought many vehicles before and leather interior was front and back. Just wanted to get that out. That seat should be leather in the back. We paid for leather interior.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got a 05 AWD a few weeks ago and the back seat was fliped up went I bought it. Fliped it down this weekend and its vinyl. Whats the deal . 43k sticker and only the front seats are leather. Talk about cutting corners. I've bought many vehicles before and leather interior was front and back. Just wanted to get that out. That seat should be leather in the back. We paid for leather interior.

Anyone here have an vinyl back seat? it thought that they were all leather, I have the cloth... but livin in Arizona it's a nessary evil. It's about 115deg's today. I dunno mabey the dealer could fix that for you and put in the "correct" back seat... it's worth looking into :chevy:

You guys don't have leather on the back bench, trust me. If you read the fine print for the leather option package, it's only genuine leather on the front bucket seat faces. The sides, backs and head rests of the front seats and the entire back bench are covered with "simulated leather" aka vinyl. It does suck that GM cheaped out in this respect, but I didn't buy the leather option package for the leather itself so much as I did to get the bucket seats, center console, bose speaker system and the sunroof!

I don't sit in the back either but thats not the point.

This discussion has been hashed over before... typical GM cost cutting measures... doesn't really bother me... the front seats are very poor quality leather.... when the time comes I'm having a custom interior done, so who cares... its a seat ain't it?

Also, $43k sticker??? Where in the hell did you see that??? I hope you didn't pay near that amount for it :uhoh:

sounds like...

"When the suits from London, Mulan or Paris just wont do… where do you go? Bangladesh… your suits are made with the finest fabric available, looks like all that was available…. was polyester. Talk about craftsmanship….. go ahead…. Talk about it. The suit makes the man you say…. Makes him look like he’s out of work, we say. So crack open an ice cold Bud Lite Mr. 42 irregular… your suits drape beautifully…because at one time… your suits, were drapes."

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Archived