BOOM BOOM!!

Finally got my subs installed. :ughdance:

These things hit HARD!! So hard that my brother is returning his 12" RF P3's for a set of these... enough bragging... onto the specs and pics:

Already Had the Pioneer AVIC-N1

Added -

(2) Boston Acoustics Competition G510 10" Subs

(1) Boston Acoustics GT28 1250watt amp

Custom built box using fiberglass, some wood, black carpet and a overlay of red carbon fiber vinyl

(1) Boston Acoustics RSL sub level control

(1) Fosgate 400a4 to power the mids and highs. This is temporary till the Boston component speakers and 4 channel amp arrive

Heres the pics... I'll get some better ones up later... this was right after everything was in and wired up... theres still some tweaking to do.

DSC01232.jpg

DSC01234.jpg

DSC01235.jpg

Had to put the concept SS on my background screen :D

DSC01237.jpg

This has made one point very obvious... I need to dynamat the roof... this mofo hits so hard my roof looks like its gonna cave in when I've got it cranked. :devil:

Conclusion: I'd put these subs in the same realm as the JL's... for a 10 to pump as hard as these do is UNREAL. The guys at the shop doing the work don't deal in Boston so they were skeptical... untill the system was done... they were absolutely blown away by the sound these put out. BOSTON ACOUSTICS RULEZ!!

Gawd dayum look at the motors on those :thumbs::thumbs: I'm kind of partial to a good set of 12s myself but those look awesome. I hope to hear it some day! And post pics of your headliner tearout and roof reinforcement if you can.

Mr. P. :)

Ohhh Dylan... Me like very much!!!!!!

Having Bass is just too much fun in these trucks!!!!! And yes.. huge improvement if you dynamat the roof.... While you are up there you should suede the head liner too!!!!

Joe

Ohhh Dylan... Me like very much!!!!!!

Having Bass is just too much fun in these trucks!!!!!  And yes.. huge improvement if you dynamat the roof.... While you are up there you should suede the head liner too!!!!

Joe

I'm thinking about it while I'm in there... a dark grey suede would look nice on the headliner.

The TV should be in this weekend if I have time :cool:

Looking good. :thumbs:  Hopefully ill have some time soon to go and check it out in person. :thumbs:

HOLY CRAP!! YOU ARE ALIVE!! :jester:

We've got a pretty good game of phone tag going... I'll try and get in touch with you this weekend... maybe we can get together next weekend.

Archived