got in an accident

Jonmalibuss

Yeah i'm ok and so was the other guy just got my feelings hurt :tear:

I just got back from the dealership by work I picked up a new plastic mount for the right headlight/markerlight so it's legal to drive now i'm just not sure about the bumper legality but I see people all the time with their prerunner POS's without bumpers. :dunno:

I'll be getting an estimate on monday to have it repaired and hopefully they can include my shaved tailgate and painting the plastics on the bumper and entire grill.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooo man...hope everything gets back together soon. I did the same thing a couple years ago. I looked in my side mirror to get over and next thing i knew i was in the back of a blazer. I didnt even see it comin...DAMN WOMEN DRIVERS!

does that mean you're getting an aftermarket bumper now like a gibbs or stylin concepts?

Naww I actually like the looks of the chrome bumper but I may have the upper and lower plastics painted to match and I may try and get the SS grill without the chrome bar. I'm really glad I hadn't modified my other bumper at work yet and put that on maybe that huge ugly gap the factory put inbetween the bumper and the grill isn't such a bad thing might have saved the hood from meeting more of the headlight and grill :dunno:

if they have to order a new top cap for the bumper have them order one for an 06'. they are a paint to match item already. the SS grill is a nice add for sure.

does that mean you're getting an aftermarket bumper now like a gibbs or stylin concepts?

Naww I actually like the looks of the chrome bumper but I may have the upper and lower plastics painted to match and I may try and get the SS grill without the chrome bar. I'm really glad I hadn't modified my other bumper at work yet and put that on maybe that huge ugly gap the factory put inbetween the bumper and the grill isn't such a bad thing might have saved the hood from meeting more of the headlight and grill :dunno:

if they have to order a new top cap for the bumper have them order one for an 06'. they are a paint to match item already. the SS grill is a nice add for sure.

Can you get me a part # for that top cap?

Thanks in advance

Jon

...I just got back from the dealership by work I picked up a new plastic mount for the right headlight/markerlight so it's legal to drive now i'm just not sure about the bumper legality... :dunno:

I've been driving mine around with no front bumper for months now... no issues

although I don't think its legal...

-1 for no license plate and..

-2 cause there is no crash bumper or some crap (ya remember when everyone was rolling there vw bugs w/o bumpers??)

~Brian

frontclip.jpg

Sorry to hear about your luck, I know how you feel. On Friday after work I ended up putting the back of my SS into a telephone poll, f-ed up the bumper. :banghead: Since I can not afford to get it fixed, I guess its going to be considered my new mod. :shakehead:

Sorry to hear about your luck, I know how you feel.  On Friday after work I ended up putting the back of my SS into a telephone poll, f-ed up the bumper.  :banghead:  Since I can not afford to get it fixed, I guess its going to be considered my new mod. :shakehead:

Ouch not a very fun mod.

Well if the insurance gives me $3000 or so I will make out in the green $1500 my cost for parts.

Estimate from the paint shop: Painting mirrors, door handles, tailgate, fender, upper and lower valances, blending the color, color sanding and buffing the entire truck $1300 :thumbs:

Archived