My supercharged SS

schmidty77

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(This is My understanding of the AWD and isn't based on anything but my ASSumptions)

The AWD system in our trucks is not locked in 100% of the time. If the transfer case senses slip it will lock in and send power to the front shaft. It takes a variation is shaft speeds to cause the viscous to send power to the front shaft. This takes a second or so (a small amount of time) but is not instantainiously locking the fronts in. Thus if you've got a good tune in the computer you should be able to at least bark the rears.

I have noticed that when I accelerate hard on a hill in the rain, the front wheels will spin on me, so I am not sure if your statement is correct. Perhaps the elastomer reacts faster than you stated.

On dry pavement, the only way I have been able to get my wheels spinning is to floor it while making a sharp turn. Of course you can't do this long as you start slipping out of the turn :D I have not yet removed torque management, so I expect better results when I do. Still waiting for LS1Edit to come out for the 03 trucks.

hard on a hill in the rain

I don't understand the term.....rain? Would you please explain what that is?

GREATER PHOENIX AREA-

INCLUDING BUCKEYE...CAREFREE...CAVE CREEK...CHANDLER...

FOUNTAIN HILLS...GILBERT...GLENDALE...MESA...PEORIA...PHOENIX...

SCOTTSDALE...SUN CITY...AND TEMPE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PHOENIX AZ

700 AM MST TUE JUL 22 2003

TODAY...PARTLY SUNNY... SLIGHT CHANCE OF LATE AFTERNOON SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. SOME BLOWING DUST POSSIBLE. HIGHS 103 TO 108. SOUTHEAST WIND 5 TO 15 MPH IN THE MORNING...BECOMING SOUTH 10 TO 20 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF RAIN 10 PERCENT.

TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY... CHANCE OF EVENING SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. SOME BLOWING DUST POSSIBLE. LOWS IN THE MID 70S TO MID 80S. SOUTHWEST WIND 10 TO 15 MPH IN THE EVENING...BECOMING EAST 5 TO 15 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

Hang in there, Lee. :jester: You should find out soon enough

Thanks for the forecast, Dave. The cover is out and waiting. :thumbs:

We actually have started getting our typical summer monsoon storms the last two weeks. They start about mid July and last until mid Sept. They come up every summer from Mexico. Unfortunately, usually VERY strong storms with high winds that drop 1 or 2 inches of rain in an hour. The desert is so hard from being baked every day that most of that water runs off and literally becomes a small river(s). Phx has had a few already this year but up here in Carefree (small town just north of Phx) we have not seen a drop yet. Although I kid about not having to wash the truck this lack of rain is killing me because of my irrigation (water) bill every month.

I was out in the back yard doing my rain dance last night in my indian head gear, loin cloth and rain stick but my neighbors yelled out the window that they were going to call the cops it I didn't shut up.........so I went inside without finishing my dance.

It didn't rain again today. See............it works. :uhoh:

PS Ben, it's soooo good to know that your day is made. :D

I was out in the back yard doing my rain dance last night in my indian head gear, loin cloth and rain stick but my neighbors yelled out the window that they were going to call the cops it I didn't shut up.........so I went inside without finishing my dance.

Now why were the neighbors really gonna call the cops. You weren't waxing yourself with Zaino were you? Just think of the 1/4 mile time you could pull on the slip and slide. :D

You weren't waxing yourself with Zaino were you

Nah. When I wax, I wax in the nude, schmidty. You know how it is in the desert in the summer....................it's so hot. ;)

When is the intercooler set up boing to be complete? I know since the whipple is a twin screw the discharge temperature is not anywhere near the roots type like in my Lightning. I guess you're safe as long as you don't push alot of boost. I had to upgrade my heat exchanger since I'm pushing 15 psi and it's kind of HOT here in Florida. The SS should have the SC from the factory. :thumbs:

Archived