Ran at California Speedway

Jonmalibuss

Well we had a blast today we made 4 runs My truck ran a 15.4 the first 2 runs Chase ran a 15.2 if I remember right his first run then fixed the the KR by backing some timing out if it and he ran a 14.6 :thumbs: I did some tuning on the VHO and ended up with like a 15.21 It could be better but it will take some work!

It was also like 100* out today. I think I could have had much better times with a set of slicks once the torque management was removed the tire spin was a killer.

yeah it was alot of fun.I have the time slips but im just to tired/medicated to post them.After we backed off the timing i ran 3 consistent 14.6's. i was pretty happy but it could alway be better.I did have the 3rd fastest reaction time at the track. .011 rt.And the cool part is the run that i pulled that on was my first run ever.The bad part was that run was the 15.2 with alot of kr.Jon's truck definately has alot of potetial. hope to see it there next month :thumbs: .

Racer bubba where were ya?

yeah it was alot of fun.I have the time slips but im just to tired/medicated to post them.After we backed off the timing i ran 3 consistent 14.6's. i was pretty happy but it could alway be better.I did have the 3rd fastest reaction time at the track. .011 rt.And the cool part is the run that i pulled that on was my first run ever.The bad part was that run was the 15.2 with alot of kr.Jon's truck definately has alot of potetial. hope to see it there next month :thumbs: .

Racer bubba where were ya?

Just remind me i'll be there for sure!!! as the anouncer said (Here's those two silverados again) Hey I forgot to tell ya Chase I almost got sent back to the pits because of my laptop sitting on the passenger seat. I guess they don't like (projectiles) as they called it if I were to hit the wall. I convinced them to let me run if I stuck it under the back seat and with it sitting there I forgot about it shut the truck down and lost the log :banghead::banghead::banghead:

you guys are going to really like racing in a few months when it's 60 or so out. you'll easily gain a couple tenths from some decent racing air.

I wish It won't be in the 60's here till like february if were lucky. It's so hard out there to keep your vehicle cool with all the wait time in line even shutting the truck off every time you move it, the truck just gets hotter and hotter then by the time you are to the line ready to run it's at operating temp.

I did get the truck to bark the tires from like a 30mph roll when I was getting on the freeway heading home :eek::D:chevy:

my truck stayed pretty cool in line. the trans temps were only at 125 and the engine was maybe at 180 . but after we altered the tune and took away some timingtg i had no kr what so ever( the first run it sounded like a dam popcorn machine) hopefully better time next track day. Maybe a few of socal guys could meet up next month at ca speedway for street legals. any one want to go?

Here comes all the SH#$ talk  :crackup:  Y'all shoulda bought a VHO!!! Just kidding guys, thats awesome can't wait to see the better numbers when its cooler.

LOL speaking of sh!t talk... Chase saw a guy with a blue SS not sure what year but the guy asked him what kinda time he ran after his second run and Chase hadn't been to the time slip booth yet to see what he ran the second time so Chase told him he ran a 15.2 and the guy replied "oh thats no good" LOL then Chase found out he just ran a 14.6.

Later we see the guy make 2 runs both at 15.7 :crackup::crackup: He must of never ran his truck or knew what to expect.

Well we had a blast today we made 4 runs My truck ran a 15.4 the first 2 runs Chase ran a 15.2 if I remember right his first run then fixed the the KR by backing some timing out if it and he ran a 14.6 :thumbs:  I did some tuning on the VHO and ended up with like a 15.21 It could be better but it will take some work!

It was also like 100* out today. I think I could have had much better times with a set of slicks once the torque management was removed the tire spin was a killer.

Was your truck bone stock running the 15.4 the first 2 runs?? Just wondering cuz i was kinda hoping for our vho's to be in the high 14s stock.

Well im definatly in for next time, fontana isn't more then 10 minutes away for me, lets get some people out there next time.

Well we had a blast today we made 4 runs My truck ran a 15.4 the first 2 runs Chase ran a 15.2 if I remember right his first run then fixed the the KR by backing some timing out if it and he ran a 14.6 :thumbs:  I did some tuning on the VHO and ended up with like a 15.21 It could be better but it will take some work!

Was your truck bone stock running the 15.4 the first 2 runs?? Just wondering cuz i was kinda hoping for our vho's to be in the high 14s stock.

Well im definatly in for next time, fontana isn't more then 10 minutes away for me, lets get some people out there next time.

We were gonna call you but didn't have your # and yes the 15.4 was bone stock I was hoping for better as well. I guess not.

Good runs, The VHO's and 2wd SS seem to have problems hooking up, otherwise they'd be killer.  I read in trucktrend that they couldn't get their 2wd SS to go faster than the awd SS they tested in 03, because of traction issues.

I was just glad to see that I was faster than the stock SS that was there running 15.7's

Man, that sounds like a blast!! I wish there were guys like that around here that enjoyed that kind of stuff. I guess if I was desperate I could go hang out with the RSX club... but you guys already know my opinion of those annoying little rice cars.

Anyway some good times for both in that heat :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

VHO=Vortec High Output. this is the knickname for the standard model 04' and 05' 2wd 1500's with the LQ9 engine.

KR*= Knock Retard. if your computer see's spark knock reported from the knock sensors it'll lower the amount of ignition advance timing sent to the coils to fire.

Archived