Gas Prices

Viperkiller97

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats funny is most people will argue that gas, only cost about 2.00 dollars more per tank as it goes up. But, from what I rememeber when I started driving gas was 1.45 a gallon now its, 2.65 a gallon, thats a dollar twenty more. I guess if you do the math thats about 30 dollar more per tank. in only about 12 years.. I hate paying for gas, but I cant just stop driving, so I did the next best thing bought a HONDA!!!!! HAhahaha Just kidding, I bought a small 4 banger truck for commuting to and from work and I should save about 50 bucks a week in fuel.

Hey Chase Like the new sig man!!!! :thumbs:

Whats funny is most people will argue that gas, only cost about 2.00 dollars more per tank as it goes up. But, from what I rememeber when I started driving gas was 1.45 a gallon now its, 2.65 a gallon, thats a dollar twenty more. I guess if you do the math thats about 30 dollar more per tank. in only about 12 years..

Yes... That's true. However, what were wages? I first started driving gas was a buck, but the average wage was less than half what it is now.

I know it's frustrating... Believe me, I hear about it all the time. I work construction with a fair amount of 'old people' around. Other than them discussing bowel movements, and their frequency, Gas remains the subject of the hour. When you work construction, sometimes you spend $60 per week on gas, unless you tow the trailer around, then it's more like $150. It cuts into you're livelihood, but what are you going to do, right?

Sure it all adds up, and I agree with Kaotik.... what are you going to do quit driving?

you can complain, but all that does is makes ya mad. It is ridiculous, and all of america knows it. Call your local politician... see where that gets you. You'll get a 'Its a problem that needs to be addressed, you're right.' Now you're supposed to feel better.

Well not being able to do anything about it is the prpblem. Oil companies are reporting record high profits. And the fact the people can't just stop driving gives them the extreme use of supply and demand.

Unless we just refuse to pay these prices for gas I can't see how things are going to get any better and I don't see the average american just parkin their ride and walking.

Another issues that everyone remembers when gas was this or that. The higher the prices go the more people just get used to paying that price. Then they are able to push the bill a little more and then after awhile of bitching and moaning they lower the price .15 cents and everyone seems to be happy again and forgetting that gas was like a 1.25 not all that long ago.

But at last what are we going to do...... not much.

Whats funny is most people will argue that gas, only cost about 2.00 dollars more per tank as it goes up. But, from what I rememeber when I started driving gas was 1.45 a gallon now its, 2.65 a gallon, thats a dollar twenty more. I guess if you do the math thats about 30 dollar more per tank. in only about 12 years..

Yes... That's true.  However, what were wages?  I first started driving gas was a buck, but the average wage was less than half what it is now. 

I know it's frustrating...  Believe me, I hear about it all the time.  I work construction with a fair amount  of 'old people' around.  Other than them discussing bowel movements, and their frequency, Gas remains the subject of the hour.  When you work construction, sometimes you spend $60 per week on gas, unless you tow the trailer around, then it's more like $150.  It cuts into you're livelihood, but what are you going to do, right?

Sure it all adds up, and I agree with Kaotik....  what are you going to do quit driving? 

you can complain, but all that does is makes ya mad.  It is ridiculous, and all of america knows it.  Call your local politician...   see where that gets you.  You'll get a 'Its a problem that needs to be addressed, you're right.'  Now you're supposed to feel better.

It is outragous. Having to run 93 octane sucks. The only thing i use my truck for is pulling the boat to the lake on the weekend. 12MPG. :eek: I bought a Nissan pick up a while back to save on gas. The SS value is dropping as the price of gas increases. :banghead: I will soon be looking for another truck to replace the SS. :cry:

yea and the bad thing about is not to many people in my parts purchase 93 octane, so i was talking to the gas station manager and he said that gas has been in there for four months :mad: .... that cant be good.... what about condensation?

I started driving at $1.00 Candian for a gallon. I now pay $1.10 Canadian for a LITRE of gas.

That's roughly $4.50 a gallon, for regular.

Isn't ti brutal, its jumped so high in the past few months, it was nice when it was .80 a litre then within 2 months we've gained 30 cents per litre. Our $4.50 a US gallon is really pissing me off especially since we produce oil here.

i finally switched today from the radix SS to the 6.7L SS because of the gas prices. at 2.75 a gallon 13.2mpg just isn't cutting it. with the 6.7L truck i can average about 4mpg better. :banghead:

The other thing to take into concideration, is heating fuel. I live in New England where we get some pretty long and harsh cold spells. The cost of heating fuel right now is outrageous as well. 275 gallon tank cost 585 dollars to fill, which right now is a good price.

Archived