Ordered 06 SS

LBZRCKS

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is a limited production truck as far as I know so it will have to go

to another plant for the cladding and such but Iam sure there is someone

out there that knows more about the aspects of that than I. The only advise

I can give is in Michigan each plant handles certain aspects, moter, body, etc.

etc. I dont know how it works for our trucks

Dan

The SSS's go to Quantum-Tecstar for the SS enhancements.

• 2 weeks later...
Will post pics when as soon as It comes ordered a silver birch ss, I have bought many vehicles from this dealer and since he couldn't get me an 05, no other dealer wanted to trade with him, he promissed to sell it to me for $500 below invoice. Hopefully will have it sometime mid next month, order went in on like the 2nd.

Jason

I may have gotten the truck you wanted. There were 5 05s left in inventory in 48 states. 3 red, 2 silver. I wanted silver awd leather and one of the silvers had cloth. They would not dealer trade to anyone for anything. Luckily, my dealer is a friend of mine and since it was the only truck I wanted, he told me where it was so I could go buy it. 2006 is 2wd only so that wasnt an option. You should be able to a least take delivery "on paper" by 9/30 with the vin to get the GM employee price if the dealer will work with you.

Any advice on air intakes? I just got the truck two weeks ago. Color matched spray in bedliner and upgrade GM 20s are the only mods so far.

I may have gotten the truck you wanted.  There were 5 05s left in inventory in 48 states.  3 red, 2 silver.  I wanted silver awd leather and one of the silvers had cloth.  They would not dealer trade to anyone for anything.  Luckily, my dealer is a friend of mine and since it was the only truck I wanted, he told me where it was so I could go buy it.  2006 is 2wd only so that wasnt an option.  You should be able to a least take delivery "on paper" by 9/30 with the vin to get the GM employee price if the dealer will work with you. 

Any advice on air intakes?  I just got the truck two weeks ago.  Color matched spray in bedliner and upgrade GM 20s are the only mods so far.

Depends when you bought yours. Dealer said it should be in this wed. I wanted a two wheel drive anyways. When we went to look for silver ones he told me where they were, just nobody could give as good of a deal than my guy, so it was worth the wait.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived