Ordered 06 SS

LBZRCKS

Ordered a Silver SS on the begining of this month, pretty much every option but the power sliding rear window. Impatiently waiting, want to start my new project, still have to read about the best ways of doing stuff to this truck.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's supposed to be the option for a rear window that slides vertically like the broncos or 4runners have. Never seen it before on a silverado but the option was there when we ordered the truck. Might be new for 06.

Saw it on the computer myself when he was selecting the options we wanted. You could call him yourself, he's in socal you are too IIRC. Camino Real Chevrolet 323-264-3050 ext. 169 Fleet man.

There's supposed to be the option for a rear window that slides vertically like the broncos or 4runners have. Never seen it before on a silverado but the option was there when we ordered the truck. Might be new for 06.

I don't think so unless they redesigned the entire back wall of the cab for 06 because there is no place for a window to slide down into on the silverados.

I do not see GM redesigning the whole cab for one year because 07 is supposed to be a new generation body from what I understand.

Will post pics when as soon as It comes ordered a silver birch ss, I have bought many vehicles from this dealer and since he couldn't get me an 05, no other dealer wanted to trade with him, he promissed to sell it to me for $500 below invoice. Hopefully will have it sometime mid next month, order went in on like the 2nd.

Jason

I tried building an 06 AWD SSS on Chevy's site. Didn't see the power rear window option but I did see a "Light Duty Power Pac" that seems to drop a Vortec 5300 in place of the 6000.

This is the time of year that many mistakes get posted on their website but say it ain't so! :eek:

LIGHT DUTY POWER PACK MSRP*

Light duty power package: *vortec 5300 v8 flex fuel eng. *locking differential-rear axle *hd trailering equipment (PDU) $965.00

congrats on the truck! youll love it no matter what options you got or didnt get... i personally (working at a dealer) know nothing of the power rear wind-er, however, the sliding rear is considered a "free" option... like a straight up swap for the defrost rear window... no extra charge for the sliding rear.... the 5.3 litre SS as far as i know is a typo/mistake.... BIG MISTAKE as i see it.. heh... anywho... CONGRATS

Archived