Hood Scoops

What website did you find that one? I kind of like the look it would be interesting to see what it would look like on the SS. Also there have been pictures of a cowl induction hood for an 03 silverado did not look bad either.

Bob

Stylin

OR

Keystone

I've always been a fan of the cowl induction hoods myself...takes me back to my first car...'72 chevelle..just a malibu but I bought a new cowl hood WITH all of the parts to actuate the "flipper" door in the hood..very cool...then my second '72 chevelle was an actual SS454 chevelle with the 'hood'..HEY this makes my truck my 2ND SS...NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!!!...cool :D ..tmc

2drTahoe,

just curious... Why would you want a steel hood instead of Fiber Glass or Carbon Fiber?

Another question to anyone.... Doesn't the front window near the exit of the cowl hood get foggy from the heat from the engine in cold weather??

The fiberglass hoods are nice because they weigh so much less than the steel hoods. From what I have heard the problem is from how some of them attach to the truck some don’t use the stock latch assembly. They use hooks instead and at speed they have been known to blow off. Can’t be to bad though considering drag cars use the same hoods and you don’t see them blow off at 200+ mph, I guess it is just carelessness on the drivers part.

I personally would like a steel hood not fiberglass, that way it feels more factory and not cheep and plastic.

Another question to anyone.... Doesn't the front window near the exit of the cowl hood get foggy from the heat from the engine in cold weather??

A defrost assist, if nothing else. :D

IMO,

Steel - Pros: More rigid, much better fit and less imperfections when painted.

Cons: Heavy, $$$

Fiberglass - Pros: usually cheaper (if the underside is unfinished), much lighter.

Cons: No matter how good the company is, there are always imperfections, some require a skilled hand, they flex (could be good or bad), usually need some work on making them fit good.

I have had 2 Goodmark hoods and I will not buy anything else. The fit spoke for itself. Had a very rigid form and a cool smooth style with a nice cowl screen. I have a Cervini (fiberglass) on my Mustang and it isn't too bad however it does flex at speed and I had to file down the pasenger side nose to prevent rubbing...prior to painting.

Archived