schklege's SS (finally)

schklege

Lingenfelter didn't do any special tricks with my install (other than successfully and mysteriously remove about 8k from my bank account).

LOL :D

Thanks for the heads-up on those tonneau covers, Sheldon. :thumbs:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why you guys think that adding those radios is a permanent install. In the past I have installed and removed all my stereo equipment with no problems.

For the SS for example one can keep there steering wheel controls to control the aftermarket radio. The double DIN factory radio when removed is replaced with a kit that centers the single DIN radio and covers the space above and below with black plastic for a clean look.

IMHO if I had a $2-300 radio I would leave it in the damn car, but if you are dropping serious cash on the system it is worth removing and reusing. Granted if you had your radio for 10+ years it may be obsolete and time to upgrade but it is your choice either way.

Also the decks that are DVD capable are XM radio ready and just need the XM antenna added.

>>>>>>>>>

schklege, you have a sick ride any way you slice it, performance and looks. Way to go!

I don't see why you guys think that adding those radios is a permanent install. In the past I have installed and removed all my stereo equipment with no problems.

>>>>>>>>>

schklege, you have a sick ride any way you slice it, performance and looks. Way to go!

Thanks . . . I think. :)

And I agree with papaluv (at least in theory). I removed all the stereo goodies from my 99 Silverado before I sold it, intending to "simply" switch them to the SS. Unfortunately, as has been discussed in other threads here, the switch is not that simple into the SS, as the factory head unit controls some other functions. At some point I may still have the factory unit relocated and the aftermarket items installed. My installer (Mobile Electronics, Columbus, OH, and highly regarded) informs me that all new speaker wiring will probably have to be run as well.

At this point, the Bose system sounds good enough for me (though not as good as the MB Quarts) to keep me from springing for the install. I'll probably eventually give in and put the other system in.

schklege, you have a sick ride any way you slice it, performance and looks.

I take it this is a positive thing 

I think what he was trying to say is... dat schklege has uh very tight looking SS now any way dat ya peep at it, da SS just plain turns heads an' makes peeps envious o' da overall package. It really makes ya jet Hmmmm, dat iz nice… in the hood

Hope this helps :jester:

papaluv -JK- :cheers:

Archived