Extang RT cover

I'm thinking about getting one too. Read / Search through the posts, mainly: Appearance and General SS. There has been some talk about Extang RT's. I think they have gotten a lot of high ratings from people on this site.

RealTruck.com (supporting vendor) has the best price on a new one, I think. Let me know if you find anything better, in regards to price. :cheers:

I also have the extang RT cover and couldn't be happier. Had it for 7 months, no problems, and extang really stands behind the full warranty (that was my deciding factor) and the cover only sticks up about 3/8" above the bed rail. I got mine put on locally (like to support the local little guys) for $370 out the door. The install is real easy and can do yourself in 1/2 hour.

i'm also thinking about getting one very soon. i would like to see pics as well if anyone has them. i got a 10% off email from autoanything.com today, so unless somone knows where to get it for a better price, i will probably order from them.

one question though, i have a bed liner that goes over the rail at the front of the bed near the cab, but all the rest of it is underneath the sides and dosn't stick up at all. will the extang rt work for me? thanks.

one question though, i have a bed liner that goes over the rail at the front of the bed near the cab, but all the rest of it is underneath the sides and dosn't stick up at all. will the extang rt work for me? thanks.

Mine has the spray in liner that is the same way. No problem installing the Extang RT.

I have a Dura Liner and had to cut it off at the front of the bed. If not then the cover will not fit nice and snug like it should and the cover may appear loose. As for the side rails, I have rail caps and installed the liner with them in place since they are very thin.

I have a hard bed cover on my truck and didn't have to modify it at all to get the cover on my truck. It wraps around the front lip of the bed right behind the cab and I didn't need to cut anything.

One thing I noticed is the rear part of my cover has about a 3/4" ripple running down the width of the cover right above the tailgate. I stuck a piece of thin aluminum stock with double sided tape to get rid of it. Worked pretty well.

• 1 month later...

I switched out my bedliner from an over the rail to under the rail. . Then I got the hard plastic Rail caps (can't remember what brand.. ack) to cover where the over the bed liner rubbed some. Very sweet fit now. If you need to know what caps I'll find out. :cheers:

i had one on my ss but it was nothing but trouble, the velcro didnt hold and it would lift and flap in the wind, as a matter of fact my truck in in the body shop right now, the tonneau lifted and banged my truck all up when it came unlatched , about 2000 dollars worth of damage, it wont be going on again!!

Archived