Central Iowa meet

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW, if anyone wants to show up earlier and do a 2/2 drop, I can install it for you the day of the meet. Someone mentioned that we need to do a "how to" with pics and I'm willing to do my part... Shackles are only about 50 bucks after shipping on Ebay here.

$50 for how many shackles? And I'm assuming we'd need 4 of them.

BTW, if anyone wants to show up earlier and do a 2/2 drop, I can install it for you the day of the meet. Someone mentioned that we need to do a "how to" with pics and I'm willing to do my part... Shackles are only about 50 bucks after shipping on Ebay here.

Shackles are for the rear leaf springs only and they come as a set of two for the 50 bucks. You can lower the front by loosening the torsion bars = no parts needed. You will need a two wheel alignment after the lowering though = $49.95 at Karl Chevrolet.

Shackles are for the rear leaf springs only and they come as a set of two for the 50 bucks. You can lower the front by loosening the torsion bars = no parts needed. You will need a two wheel alignment after the lowering though = $49.95 at Karl Chevrolet.

If only it weren't so permanent, it'd be nice to have but who knows if it'd even clear a curb after that. I like to nudge curbs when I park so I know I'm in the spot as far as possible, hehe.

If only it weren't so permanent, it'd be nice to have but who knows if it'd even clear a curb after that.  I like to nudge curbs when I park so I know I'm in the spot as far as possible, hehe.

I have no problem clearing parking curbs pulling straight in. The curb at work touches my molded mud flaps only when I back in, but nothing damaging as it barely touches.

I am going to try and show. I only live 70 miles from M.A.M. so I am down for that also. About 2 hours to Des-Moines. Do you want us to bring anything? :cheers:

Anything for the grill that you want, and a side to go with it... if you want to eat that is. BYOB. Anything forgotten can be picked up at the Hy-Vee grocery store less than 2 miles from my house. Any beer left at the house, heck even unattended beers while at the meet, will be considered a donation to the home owners. :P:cheers:

Wow, what a great guy!! Hosting a get together and doing free work on the members trucks.  You are the MAN!    :D  :thumbs:  :D

Mod meets are always my favorite. Getting the Iowa meet started off right!

Oh and btw, bnoon, I bought those lowering shackles so have everything prepped to do that for me on the 1st of Oct, how much earlier than 4pm do you want me to come?  :)

Around noon-1PM should suffice and leave time for us to clean up and test drive the new height once or twice before everyone gets there. If we have time after lowering your truck, I need to diagnose an annoying squeek coming from the driver's side front underneath the engine (happened before I lowered the truck too, so it's not the lowering that did it).

Just wanted to bring this back to the top for a reminder about this weekend. who all is comin? I have seen more and more SSS around the DM area and I would like to get to know a few of you guys/gals. If anyone knows someone not on the list let them know. I have been waving to a few of the other SS's out there and want to stop and chat but they always seem to be going the other way. see you all Saturday!

Just wanted to bring this back to the top for a reminder about this weekend. who all is comin?  I have seen more and more SSS around the DM area and I would like to get to know a few of you guys/gals.  If anyone knows someone not on the list let them know. I have been waving to a few of the other SS's out there and want to stop and chat but they always seem to be going the other way.  see you all Saturday!

I'll be there, I got the shackles yesterday so I'm ready to get her lowered. :D

Just wanted to bring this back to the top for a reminder about this weekend. who all is comin?  I have seen more and more SSS around the DM area and I would like to get to know a few of you guys/gals.   If anyone knows someone not on the list let them know. I have been waving to a few of the other SS's out there and want to stop and chat but they always seem to be going the other way.   see you all Saturday!

I've seen one blue SS parked in the Hy-Vee parking lot over here on Grand and EP True pretty much every day. I need to leave a note on it or something...

What time are you coming over Mr. Popper?

Just wanted to bring this back to the top for a reminder about this weekend. who all is comin?  I have seen more and more SSS around the DM area and I would like to get to know a few of you guys/gals.   If anyone knows someone not on the list let them know. I have been waving to a few of the other SS's out there and want to stop and chat but they always seem to be going the other way.   see you all Saturday!

I've seen one blue SS parked in the Hy-Vee parking lot over here on Grand and EP True pretty much every day. I need to leave a note on it or something...

What time are you coming over Mr. Popper?

Mr what? ha. anyway I am not sure. maybe 4ish, we will see I have a ton of stuff to do to the house before winter and I am tryin to get it done this week so that i can enjoy the weekend. AND i have to clean the SS its a pit! as far as seein SS's around there is a Blue one at the bank on 86th near Culvers in Urbandale he has the limited edition with the Indy pace truck stickers... I will stop and talk to him or leave a note. he is an older guy but worth a try. we also have a customer with an 03 black one that has been in the shop. I will see if I can reach him.

Archived