Has anyone ever heard of these?

BenKey

will the stainless works headers throw any check engine lights? can you still keep your cats? do they come with high flow cats? what can i expect to gain on a radix 6.0L by putting these on with a set of high flow cats? will they change the sound of the exhaust any? i have a magnaflow cat back

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would buy the belanger over the sw headers. I know the sw are stainless and look nice and all but the coated steel is just as good, jet hot is very reliable and the tri-y's will benefit are 5200lb pigs much better than the lt's in my opinion. I didnt buy a truck to take down vettes. It would be nice but not practical. I do admit the belangers are a bit much tho.....

i think my biggest concern on installing headers is loosing low end torque. I would be really disappointed if I did, thats what is holding me back on installing them. That and not know which ones to buy. So, it looks like we SS owners have 3 brands to choose from now right? Stainless works, Supermaxx, or these Belanger systems. I personally like the Supermaxx just because they are direct bolt on and come with high flow cats. Here in PA cats are a must.

i think my biggest concern on installing headers is loosing low end torque.  I would be really disappointed if I did, thats what is holding me back on installing them.  That and not know which ones to buy.  So, it looks like we SS owners have 3 brands to choose from now right?  Stainless works, Supermaxx, or these Belanger systems.  I personally like the Supermaxx just because they are direct bolt on and come with high flow cats.  Here in PA cats are a must.

There is also Arizona Speed and Marine. The are the most prevalent out there, I believe. You can get Pacesetters for 2wd SS, and soon to be for the AWD version.

I didn't notice any loss of low-end tq with the addition of my ASMs, but was also running a Radix at the time. Can't recall anyone for that matter that has experienced that - at least for long tubes anyway.

Power-wise, not sure you'll see much diff between any long tube header. Believe they are all in the 20hp range.

i think my biggest concern on installing headers is loosing low end torque.  I would be really disappointed if I did, thats what is holding me back on installing them.  That and not know which ones to buy.  So, it looks like we SS owners have 3 brands to choose from now right?  Stainless works, Supermaxx, or these Belanger systems.  I personally like the Supermaxx just because they are direct bolt on and come with high flow cats.  Here in PA cats are a must.

There is also Arizona Speed and Marine. The are the most prevalent out there, I believe. You can get Pacesetters for 2wd SS, and soon to be for the AWD version.

I didn't notice any loss of low-end tq with the addition of my ASMs, but was also running a Radix at the time. Can't recall anyone for that matter that has experienced that - at least for long tubes anyway.

Power-wise, not sure you'll see much diff between any long tube header. Believe they are all in the 20hp range.

I'm running a Radix currently and love my low end power, thats why i mentioned that concern, but if your saying you won't loose any, then i'll take your word for it. My SS is AWD, so Pacesetters are out for now i guess. I'm looking for a "bolt in" kit and supermaxx comes with cats so thats why i'm leaning towards them.

If you do get their cats, opt for the power cats. They flow pretty good over the stock. The other ones, are not much better than stock.

If it were me, having seen both sets of headers, ASMs and Supermaxx, I'd get the ASMs, then get either the power cats from RPMoutlet.com, or from Random Technologies.

If you do get their cats, opt for the power cats.  They flow pretty good over the stock.  The other ones, are not much better than stock.

If it were me, having seen both sets of headers, ASMs and Supermaxx, I'd get the ASMs, then get either the power cats from RPMoutlet.com, or from Random Technologies.

what do you like about the ASM's over the supermaxx?

If you do get their cats, opt for the power cats.  They flow pretty good over the stock.  The other ones, are not much better than stock.

what do you like about the ASM's over the supermaxx?

I guess the main thing was the plug problems. Needing to do something to keep the wires off of the headers, and if you need to change the back plugs, 7 & 8, it nearly took a miracle. I couldn't get the back pass side plug on the supermaxx setup. Didn't have the right tools I guess.

Archived