Has anyone ever heard of these?

BenKey

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sound like good quality plus jet hot coating, but for the price I'd stick with JBAs or something

I would take these over a set of JBAs. JBAs are barely worth the money they cost, IMO. Had them on my last truck. Couldn't even feel the addition. Put on long tubes on this truck - there you can feel the difference.

I've heard of Belanger before.... I think they're typically something more geared towards the Vette crowd... looks like they decided to venture into the truck market. Definitely a nice looking setup... get 'em Ben and let us know how they work out :thumbs:

sound like good quality plus jet hot coating, but for the price I'd stick with JBAs or something

I would take these over a set of JBAs. JBAs are barely worth the money they cost, IMO. Had them on my last truck. Couldn't even feel the addition. Put on long tubes on this truck - there you can feel the difference.

oh, I didn't know JBAs were only shorties. My point was for those without a huge budget. I agree with the LT statement, I just thought JBA had some. I would have said Gibsons if I were recommending shorties. Have you come across any reasonably priced LTs in your research? Headers is one thing I haven't checked out for the SSS. But I've had a few different sets on my Mustang. BTW how much or how hard is a header install? There seems to be plenty of room for a do-it-yourselfer... or is there more than meets the eye with the SSS. Thanks BenKey, don't mean to rack your brain on your own thread too much, sorry.

Have you come across any reasonably priced LTs in your research?  Headers is one thing I haven't checked out for the SSS.  But I've had a few different sets on my Mustang.  BTW how much or how hard is a header install?  There seems to be plenty of room for a do-it-yourselfer... or is there more than meets the eye with the SSS.  Thanks BenKey, don't mean to rack your brain on your own thread too much, sorry.

Reasonably priced? In comparison to these maybe. They will run in the $700-$800 for mid or long ceramic coated headers. You can get a set of shorties, brand new on ebay for $200.

Not sure how much a header install would cost. I have never paid for one. Just choose to do myself. They are not extremely hard. Mid or long tube will require some welding. Shorties bolt right up.

At the bottom of the description, it says

* Minor Welding Required

* FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY

That means it is not CARB approved. I don't know if they could make long tube headers that could be CARB approved, since they must retain the stock catalytic converters in the same quantities and positions. The stock converters sit way up close to the manifolds.

Reasonably priced? In comparison to these maybe. They will run in the $700-$800 for mid or long ceramic coated headers. You can get a set of shorties, brand new on ebay for $200.

Not sure how much a header install would cost. I have never paid for one. Just choose to do myself. They are not extremely hard. Mid or long tube will require some welding. Shorties bolt right up.

Thanks, GL in you purchase whatever you may choose. Hope to hear positive results!

I have a set of belanger headers on my truck, and I really like them. I had them on before I put the Procharger and it really makes a huge differance in the low to mid end power. The tri-y design is great and the install was easy. I installed them myself and it wasn't very hard at all. As far as the price, I know Lou Balanger and I got a decent deal on them. I am sure that I could get him to do a group buy if we had about five people that would want them. He is also a Silverado SS owner and he uses it as his daily driver, and it was because of him that I bought my truck. We also have a set on our company project truck and it is really sweet. They are also the headers that come from the factory on all of the viper comp coupe, because they are the best. Sorry if this sounds like a sale pitch, but I just really like them, plus they never fade or corrode. I would highly reccomend them to anybody that would want an advantage over someone with just a normal set of long tubes.

At the bottom of the description, it says
* Minor Welding Required

* FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY

That means it is not CARB approved. I don't know if they could make long tube headers that could be CARB approved, since they must retain the stock catalytic converters in the same quantities and positions. The stock converters sit way up close to the manifolds.

:withstupid:

emission compliant

off road use only

in CA ? :crackup: :crackup:

:seeya:

Archived