NOS Shot Jetting Question

6.0ss

The blower should be able to handle it fine.  Your bottom end might be a different story, depending on how much you want to push through.  Others have used a 50-shot and Radix at the track with success.

Is there any info I can school up on for use of NOS with a Radix.  My searches come up with no grounds for a firm decision via a pro/con variable test.  Of course it seems that the stock internals should handle the above scenario with ease.  BenKey, is there a member here with that set up I could question that you know?  Or anybody for that matter?

ive done it. about 50 passes at the track like this. i took the 50 shot off recently because now i can hear the bearings in the s/c spinning at idle and when coasting at high speeds.

ive done it. about 50 passes at the track like this. i took the 50 shot off recently because now i can hear the bearings in the s/c spinning at idle and when coasting at high speeds.

Thanks. Are the worn bearing from the nitrous though?

I can hear the nasty whining spins from my radix now at idle. It is super annoying. I haven't ran nitrous yet but have the kit. I was thinking starting off with a 50 shot but wasn't sure what would be the best to do? :dunno:

My truck will hold up fine....right? Other than maybe the fuel pump in which case I will get a pressure switch or a new pump before I run it.

why pay the expensive costs of nitrous when you get cryo which is made to be shot in the intake or fuel rails. even has a sprayer for intercoolers. Just  a thought  try this link http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sc&cid=1

The intercooler, or heat exchanger, is an air-to-water cooler that cryo will not work very well for. The Radix setup will not do very much at all with a cryo kit.

according to magnacharger the meth kits are not recomended on a radix. the coating on the blower rotors will get eaten off. kinda a gamble on a blower that's 5k.

The abradable coating seems to hold up fine on every Eaton blower I have seen it used on (M90 in W-bodies,M112 on the lightning and cobra). I have had both types of blowers apart for service or porting at my shop and seen no signifigant problems.

However, if you're worried about it messing things up you can inject it after the blower into the lower intake manifold. Which tends to have a better effect anyway as the greatest temps lie there.

Where can I put the nozel to inject it after the blower and that has got to have some interesting effects on where the NOS is injected. I would have to think that some cylinders are getting more than others if it is sprayed across the intake in that location? This would be a cool stealth set up, any ideas on how it can be done safely, or does it not really matter running the NOS on the truck.

I tend to agree that frequent wet shots through the blower could have a negative effect on the bearings. If you intend to do this often, I'd suggest changing the blower oil much more frequently than recommended.

I guess a small (30-50) wet shot on an infrequent basis wouldn't be as much of a problem. I'd still change the oil sooner.

As far as direct port injection - they do make direct port kits for these engines. I'm not sure if anyone has done this in combination with a Radix...?

:cheers:

Archived