NOS Shot Jetting Question

6.0ss

I have noticed that my truck feels so much slower when the temps get above 80 With my radix, not as big of a difference with NA motors and im sick of it!

The Audi and VW guys around here run a 5-10 shot of NOS in the summer to cool the intake temps and gain that HP back. Has anyone considered this on our trucks?

Is It Possible, and would i need tuning for something this small?

This would be sprayed through the Radix, is there any cause for alarm there with respect to damage to the blower?  Just curious.  :confused:

The blower should be able to handle it fine. Your bottom end might be a different story, depending on how much you want to push through. Others have used a 50-shot and Radix at the track with success.

The blower should be able to handle it fine.  Your bottom end might be a different story, depending on how much you want to push through.  Others have used a 50-shot and Radix at the track with success.

Is there any info I can school up on for use of NOS with a Radix. My searches come up with no grounds for a firm decision via a pro/con variable test. Of course it seems that the stock internals should handle the above scenario with ease. BenKey, is there a member here with that set up I could question that you know? Or anybody for that matter?

This would be sprayed through the Radix, is there any cause for alarm there with respect to damage to the blower?  Just curious.  :confused:

The blower should be able to handle it fine. Your bottom end might be a different story, depending on how much you want to push through. Others have used a 50-shot and Radix at the track with success.

Would this be a wet or dry shot? :smash:

The blower should be able to handle it fine.  Your bottom end might be a different story, depending on how much you want to push through.  Others have used a 50-shot and Radix at the track with success.

Is there any info I can school up on for use of NOS with a Radix.  My searches come up with no grounds for a firm decision via a pro/con variable test.  Of course it seems that the stock internals should handle the above scenario with ease.  BenKey, is there a member here with that set up I could question that you know?  Or anybody for that matter?

Yep, go to the track times. You'll see.

There may be one or two more over on performancetrucks.net.

So Im not nuts for thinking this would be a good move..

The Small Shot would reduce intake temps...

Add small HP

Conserve NOS (small shot not refilling all the time)

More consistant track times when the weather is hot.

Get points at Shows for having NOS! :D

Zippy. I still have not called Nelson to get his stinking passcode off the CPU. Im going to get on that Tuesday!

Zippy. I still have not called Nelson to get his stinking passcode off the CPU.

Just take your truck to the dealer and have then flash your PCM.Nellson is a pain to deal with and to make it worse his tune is a piece 0f.... well you get the point.

Zippy. I still have not called Nelson to get his stinking passcode off the CPU.

Just take your truck to the dealer and have then flash your PCM.Nellson is a pain to deal with and to make it worse his tune is a piece 0f....  well you get the point.

I actually tried to reflash it while he was here. the problem is that the calibration number still shows the most current and the GM system won't allow you to reflash an up to date computer (only based on calibration number). up until about 2-3 years ago you could reflash it just out of sheer boredom. i believe i could have hacked the system with tunercat, but that isn't as reliable and time was a limit. allen simply needs to send him a stock radix tune unlocked.

Archived