H2 Floor shifter

Bowtie70SS

Ok I finally found a shifter and the bezel/indicator for $100...it's mine! Now comes the hard part figuring out how to do it. I guess the column shifter is already cable operated, so that could make it easier...maybe not. I guess I need to ask a GM tech what all the shifter operates besides the selector on the trans. I am thinking that the floor shifter will need a seperate cable to the trans and I'll have to leave the one to the column hooked up. Probably the smart thing would be to do a little more research on the net, and possibly get a shop manual. It may take a while, but it's been done before so it's not impossible. Later

Dave

• 1 month later...
Ok I finally found a shifter and the bezel/indicator for $100...it's mine! Now comes the hard part figuring out how to do it. I guess the column shifter is already cable operated, so that could make it easier...maybe not.  I guess I need to ask a GM tech what all the shifter operates besides the selector on the trans. I am thinking that the floor shifter will need a seperate cable to the trans and I'll have to leave the one to the column hooked up. Probably the smart thing would be to do a little more research on the net, and possibly get a shop manual. It may take a while, but it's been done before so it's not impossible. Later

Dave

Did you install it yet.

No, I didn't not yet. I still need the bezel for the console and the shifter cable. I have been pretty busy lately, and have been collecting other mods to install in the spring: Supercharger, spindles/springs, headers. They are gonna be a priority but I am still searching for the remaining parts. Later

Dave

• 2 years later...

hey all i know this is a 2 yr old post but i was just wondering if any1 has really done it yet? and if so could u post a pic.ive got an old B&M hammer shifter sittin around id like to try to put it in there.i did try to find the back issue of truckin with the silverado with console shifter, i think it was yellow and white and used a lokar shifter.this is a trick idea and id like to be able to do it.thanx in advance :chevy:

Archived