H2 Floor shifter

Bowtie70SS

I just saw the shifters that the H2 Hummers have. Man they look pretty cool. It sure does look like it would fit in my console...Anybody know how much they are, or if they're available seperately? It does look expensive. I would love to have a floor shift, after all it is an SS. Does anyone make a shifter conversion kit? Thanks

Dave

Yeah Truckin is where I saw the shifter...as for pics I don't have the ability (actually I'm a dummy and don't know how) I am all for using original parts to make it look factory. I tried going to the Hummer website to look for parts but it was a no go. I'll have to check out the Trailblazer shifter. I would just like to do away with the granny shift. Later

Dave

Never used the shifter, but to convert to floor shift might be easier with factory parts. I wonder how many sensors and switches are involved? I also wonder if you could use the shifter cable already on the truck..since the column shifter is already cable operated.

I was also thinking of the horseshoe type shifter in a 68-72 SS Chevelle/Camaro . These are pretty cheap and they're repoped so you can get a new one. Also the SS heritage is undeniable and I like that. I'll have to look under the dash and see how much is controlled by the cable where it hooks to the column. Later

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I think it'd be pretty cool to have a console shifter as well. I was a previous H2 owner, and I quickly swapped out the stock plastic POS shifter handle for a nice Black/Silver Aluminum handle, and it made a world of difference. Come to think of it...going from a 2000 Silvy Z51 to an H2 to the SS, I really would like a console shifter...would be nice! :)

Archived