3000 Stall on the way

I ordered my first real mod for the SS today, a yank Truck thruster 3000 stall torque converter :jester:

I got it from www.Tbyrne.com Hes having a pretty good sale right now for members of LS1tech.com so i couldnt miss this opportunity to get one, especially after I let BigTex's 3000 slip away for an even better price.

Anyways, its on order and should hopefully be here relatively soon, I need to get some tires for my 16" rims so I can take it to the track and get some real times :D

Does anyone know a place that shows the weights of different tires??? Im just trying to find some cheap 16" truck tires strictly for drag racing, so i figured i might as well find the lightest ones possible.

Ill keep you guys updated when i get it and do the install

I ordered my first real mod for the SS today, a yank Truck thruster 3000 stall torque converter :jester:

I got it from www.Tbyrne.com Hes having a pretty good sale right now for members of LS1tech.com

You will have the converter in 5 business days. They pack it in a nice foam insulated box. The converter is red. Yea, in case you couldn't figure it out, I got one too. It was like $740, what did you pay incl. shipping? :confused:

I bought the Yank 2600 on sale for $579 - total with shipping was like $609. The TT3000 was on sale for $669, so with shipping I'd say $699, but thats just a guess.

SSilverado60 - I have a set of Nitto 450 series 275/45/17s mounted on a set of Escalade wheels. Total tire height is just under 27"s. I haven't used them yet, but I can't wait to see how the truck responds to the reduced wheel weight and better gearing.

yeah with the sale it came out to 699 :D

It gets shipped directly from yank so i dont know exactly how long it will take to get but we'll find out. From what i hear it should be shipped by the end of the week or maybe earlier, it depends if yank has any in stock, the converters are built to order, unless they end up having some laying around.

BigTex, i have my stock 16" aluminum wheels from my 2000 that i am going to use, it may not look the best, but it will be just about the lightest possible way to go :cheers: I just have to decide on some tires for it, the tires on them are completely bald :D too many burnouts in the 2000. You have any good reccomendations for some cheap and light tires? Im trying to find something around 27" tall, but they are basically gonna be used strictly for racing, so id like to find a lighter tire, but i dont know where i can find all the weights of them, and if there even is that big of a difference in weight

Here is a link to wheel weights, looks like the average weight for a 16in wheel is around 17lbs. On another site I saw that tires are all about the same weight as well about 20lbs, for DOT H to Z rated tires.

I found the wheels that I have and they weight 20.5lbs each! :thumbs: Not bad, I did just happen to see the Giovanni wheels that Lee :seeya: has on his truck, not in a 22in but a 18 in wheel and they weigh in at 22lbs, so I would guess the 22’s probably weigh around 30lbs each…not bad for so much :cool: chrome!

Wheel weights...

• 4 weeks later...

Like this really matters at all, but I graduated high school with the son of the guy who owns Yank Torque Converters. He's one of my good friends, we're 19 and in college, and his dad runs a first class operation. Good luck with the new converter. His son recently put one in his car and it really seemed to "wake it up".

• 2 months later...
Ill keep you guys updated when i get it and do the install

Yes please , I would like to know how long and how hard an install it is :confused: I am getting some good 60' times ,but theres always room for improvement . I have a Power Raptor Lockup Stall Convertor in my Camaro . Its a 9 in. convertor with a 12 in. lockup . Its suppost to be good for 700 h.p. What is the Yank rated at ?Does anyone know ?

Archived