Corvette engine in SSS

DaJoker SS

i do believe there will be a regular cab SS coming for 07' or 08' though. my guess would be a limited production version with the LS2 or something similar in it. because of cost reasons i don't expect to see the LS7 in anything other than the vette.

as for me getting one 2drtahoe, i'm thinking that i need to just buy an 03' or newer regular cab and make my own. i can do one just like the black 03' prototype rcsb 2wd SS with my own mods. I'd like to do one with a 4L65E and a 6.7L.

if they put an LS7 in a regular cab 2wd, it wouldn't even be close. the chevy would win by quite a longshot.

:confused::confused::confused: Can you explain that one to me? because I know the C6 have 400hp and 400torq. 6.0liter and my SRT have 500hp and 525torg. 8.3liter V10. I hope I'm not being a smartass. I just want to learn. Explain it so a girl like me can understand.

The LS7 that comes in the new Z06 is a 7.0L 505hp engine. If they were to put that engine into a regular cab short box 2wd the truck would likely weigh in at around 4400lbs in SS trim (with cladding and 20's). 4400lbs and 505hp would certainly have an advantage over the SRT-10's 5000lb weight with roughly the same hp.

The Chevy line of trucks for half ton's is around 600lbs lighter across the board which is why the guys with 5.3's don't have much problem with taking on the 5.7L hemi trucks.

The 400hp LS2 in the C6 is just the base engine. the 505hp LS7 is the optional version (in Z06 trim only).

The LS7 that comes in the new Z06 is a 7.0L 505hp engine. If they were to put that engine into a regular cab short box 2wd the truck would likely weigh in at around 4400lbs in SS trim (with cladding and 20's).  4400lbs and 505hp would certainly have an advantage over the SRT-10's 5000lb weight with roughly the same hp.

The Chevy line of trucks for half ton's is around 600lbs lighter across the board which is why the guys with 5.3's don't have much problem with taking on the 5.7L hemi trucks.

The 400hp LS2 in the C6 is just the base engine. the 505hp LS7 is the optional version (in Z06 trim only).

here's a good demonstration of the weight thing. Similar times and same horsepower, but a 2WD Dodge vs an AWD Ext Cab SS.

The LS7 that comes in the new Z06 is a 7.0L 505hp engine. If they were to put that engine into a regular cab short box 2wd the truck would likely weigh in at around 4400lbs in SS trim (with cladding and 20's).  4400lbs and 505hp would certainly have an advantage over the SRT-10's 5000lb weight with roughly the same hp.

Oh I C. Wow! That's amazing. Shows how much I know. Well then I hope they make it. I'll be looking to trade in and Zippy you really know your stuff...Sexy :crazy::driving:

Archived