ipod in SSS

r8rs4lf

I just ordered the 4GB ipod Nano. The main reason for the purchase was to do away with having to pull out a big @$$ boom box for some tunes when in the backyard entertaining people. I will also be buying some type of portable docking station with speakers.

I was just wondering if all of the conflicting stories of what works in our SSS with the ipod has been worked out? I did the search and found ALOT of conflicting stories about whether this or that works. Has anyone figured it out yet? Also, what did you have to buy to get it to work? I want the best sound quality as possible so an FM modulator would be ruled out from the start. Any help???

TIA

Late- Alex

Not sure if its the route you want to go, but with my Alpine IVA-D310 I got the optional KCA-420i Ipod interface so the iPod just gets tucked away in the glove compartment and all my controls come up on the touchscreen. Best solution IMO and you don't have to go w/ a full DVD/Nav deck... most of the newer Alpine decks have the option of adding the iPod interface.

Not sure if its the route you want to go, but with my Alpine IVA-D310 I got the optional KCA-420i Ipod interface so the iPod just gets tucked away in the glove compartment and all my controls come up on the touchscreen. Best solution IMO and you don't have to go w/ a full DVD/Nav deck... most of the newer Alpine decks have the option of adding the iPod interface.

I'd like to stay away from an aftermarket deck if I can.

BTW, were you able to keep your steering wheel controls?

Late- Alex

I thought the current interfaces out there only work with ipod mini, or the 20, 40, 60 gig ipods.  The nano being so new, I doubt they make an interface already?

I think the function, connections, and interface for the nano are all the same as the previous models... just in a smaller package. I went and played w/ the nano at a local apple store and it seems identical other than being VERY thin.

just thought i would let you guys know if you have installed a factory Nav unit in the SS you can hook this unit up for 120 buck------full ipod use of functions

check it out

http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=733

That looks good, I might have to try that one out :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
just thought i would let you guys know if you have installed a factory Nav unit in the SS you can hook this unit up for 120 buck------full ipod use of functions

check it out

http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=733

I also have the same unit mentioned above installed to my factory head unit. It works as advertised. I retained my steering wheel controls & XM Radio. My only complaint about this unit is that there is no button for the ipod Menu function, therefore you have to toggle through your playlists instead of through artists. Although this should not be the case installing this with an aftermarket head unit.

Archived