May God Bless Those Who Lost Their Lifes This Day

MN C5

I will never forget that terrible day. I was at home in Texas on Sept. 11, 2001, then on Sept. 20, my unit was sitting on the USS Bataan ready to go into Afghanistan. I am now here in Iraq, and We haven't forgotten the reason that we are here. God Bless them. :flag:

I will never forget where I was. It was my sixth week of Navy basic training when 9/11 happened. I graduated from basic on the 28th with an even greater resolve and faith that I had done the right thing by joining the military! :flag::flag:

I was deployed to Bahrain as the Assistant Officer in Charge. I remember hearing it on the radio and going through the Main Gate there just in time before they went into lockdown.

God Bless everyone who lost their lives and those who helped America come together as ONE NATION to fight these terrorist.

BU1(SCW) Carl E Day

U.S. Navy Seabee(16years) :flag:

Went to ground zero yesterday to say a prayer. We were 2nd in line for take off at JFK when the attacks happened. Needless to say, we never took off that day. I can still remember the smell of the towers burning. It's unlike anything I've ever smelled before. It's a day never to be forgotten.

God bless all those who risks their lives to save the innocent lives in NY, PA and DC. God bless the troops who continue to risk their lives for our freedom. We love you guys and wish you a safe trip home.

Proud to be an American! :flag:

Archived