Fuel Cap Door

slimsoftball

I noticed today that the door to access my fuel cap does not sit flush like it should. I opened it and saw two little holes on the right side that look like maybe there should be some little rubber stoppers in there or something so it would sit flush. Does anyone know if there is suposed to be something there or not. Thanks.

I noticed today that the door to access my fuel cap does not sit flush like it should. I opened it and saw two little holes on the right side that look like maybe there should be some little rubber stoppers in there or something so it would sit flush. Does anyone know if there is suposed to be something there or not. Thanks.

Yes, there are two rubber stoppers that go one on each side of the finger groove. Real easy to knock off if you dry that area. You can only get from the dealership.

Well ctrow I disagree with the majority I think it would look good. I thought of it when I first got the truck and decided against it, but then it grew on me. Now I am definitely into it but I am not going to go with the polished version. I think the brushed look will flow better with the polished emblems and wheels.

They look sharp on the Audi TT quattro, so why can't my all wheel drive sports vehicle share the racey fuel door.

It kinda has me scratching my head on the subject. I'd have to see it on one to decide for sure. I've already got the brushed bowtie emblem and the SS logos match pretty good. Hard decision. If you do it, send me some pics.

Archived