headlamps

packjh

9005(low beam) and 9006(high beam), plus they make a killer 4157A turn signal bulb. It's blue when off, but amber when lit up!  :cool:

Do you have a picture of the Signal light when its on your truck lit/unlit? I just saw them in the store for the first time yesterday and I am intrigued.

Thanks

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the lamp is off the bulb has a blueish hue to it, when it's on you can't tell the difference from any ordinary amber bult. Except for maybe a slight opaqueish irridescent glow.

I'll try to put a picture up with them on tomorrow, it's dark now and you woudn't be able to see them very well.

Also there were several reports/complaints that they didn't last very long, but I've had mine for 26 months with no problems at all!

:thumbs:

I havent been hasseled....yet...I get a few middle fingers.....and no...I just left the aim where they were....it all depends on the vehicle in front of me and how close I get....Its not that bad.....worth a few pissed off people for the brightness I get at night...jus b/c I cant see that great at night.

Question for the folks with the Silverstars...do they project out as far as the factory bulbs? I had a set of Optix replacement bulbs once (got a deal on them), and they looked whiter, but I couldn't see as far ahead at night. The factory bulbs actually lit up further down the road. I removed them and chucked them and put the stockers back in...which are the original bulbs, 6+ years going strong (probably just jinxed myself :jester: ). If they ever burn out I might try the Silvy's if they shine as far as the stockers.

They don't look like pencil beams if that's what you mean, but yeah, light up a lot further infront of you than the stock ones do. At least mine do. Of course you know not to touch the bulbs with your fingers I assume, Otherwise the oils in your skin cause hot spots on the glass and they burn out or burst prematurely.

Wear thin cotton gloves or clean the bulbs real good with denatured alcohol or you'll waste about 70 bucks!

I used a pair of gloves like the ones that come with your jack kit under the back seat.

Cool, thanks SuperDave...I just might give this upgrade a whirl, especially now that I noticed they have a SilverStar for the fogs also (#880 for my 99 according to Sylvania's website). This way it won't look silly with white headlights and yellow fogs. Yea, I've always been careful not to touch the bulb itself and just grab the base to avoid getting any oil from my fingers on the bulbs.

hey just bought them today finally, big differnce dont wanna spend the money for hids just yet tho. I wanna make a correction on reply to this post the 9006 is the low beam not the high. i plan on gettin gthe turn signal bulb but what about day time driving lights its still yellow

My DRL's were white from the factory... I bought the Silverstar 4157A or maybe another(not sure, don't quote me) for the DRL position and they are amber... which is exactly the look I wanted. Like a Vette.

Sorry about the mixup on the part numbers on the bulbs.... :crazy:

Archived