loudest exhaust?

straightss19

I'm partial to he old saying "Walk Softly but Carry A Big Stick!". :D

I'm an "Old Fart", and a cop at that, but I still get the urge every now and then to put the foot to it and I don't want every dang busy body calling the police on me when I do it because it is too loud. :thumbs:

so what do recommend? stock?

I'm not really partial to the really loud trucks, but maybe you should try bigger pipes, upgrade the 3" to a 3.5" if you wanted it louder. My buddy ran his 99 5.3L with the pipe cut off after the cat and it was pretty loud.... like setting off car alarms from 50 ft, loud

I'm an "Old Fart", and a cop at that, but I still get the urge every now and then to put the foot to it and I don't want every dang busy body calling the police on me when I do it because it is too loud. :thumbs:

Doesn't have to be stock, but it shouldn't be loud enough to make the "busy body" remember the date, time, weather, make, model, color, wheels, etc of the car either. :D And some loud exhausts do that. :(

Doesn't have to be stock, but it shouldn't be loud enough to make the "busy body" remember the date, time, weather, make, model, color, wheels, etc of the car either. :D And some loud exhausts do that. :(

:crackup:

10/8/05, 8:54am. slight drizzle, black silverado ss, looks like 20's with other misc stuff........ :crackup:

I know what your saying though :cheers:

10/8/05, 8:54am. slight drizzle, black silverado ss, looks like 20's with other misc stuff........ :crackup:

:crackup: I was working the nightshift in Peaceful Town, USA, It was a dark and stormy night, and I had parked my cruiser in the local mall parking lot and was kicking back listening to some CCR & BTO when from out of the stillness came this loud obnoxious sounding Silverado SS, it had to be a 2wd SS, because no normal minded AWD SS owner would do such an abhorrent mod to their beloved AWD SS.

Now, it really ticked me off that it was disturbing my music so I decided to make the 2WD SS a project, and a red one at that

I pulled out and followed the “violator of good taste”; knowing full well that it would only take me seconds to come up with a legitimate reason to stop it. And I was right, No Front Plate! Now that’s a very serious violation in my book! IF I HAVE TO HAVE ONE, THEY HAVE TO HAVE ONE!

I turn on my cool red and blue led light display and about make the “violator of good taste” run off the road. He didn’t even see me coming, because I drive an unmarked Chevy Trailblazer for my cruiser, heh heh heh! It’s great!

I contact the “violator of good taste” and he says “officer what did I do wrong?” Not being able to tell him the real reason for the stop, I told him he has to have a front plate; he just sighed and said that it makes his SS look ugly. I said even so, you still have to have one. I told him I was going to have to write him up for the blatant violation, cha-ching $101. He didn’t have his seatbelt on either and I asked him about it. He said he took it off as I was walking up to him; yea right, how many times have I heard that lame excuse, cha-ching $101. I also noticed that he didn’t have his vehicle registration signed as required by law, cha-ching $101. And he told me that he had left his insurance card at home, cha-ching $538. While chitchatting with him I also noticed that his side windows looked a little too dark. Now me being the “Nice Police Officer” that I am, I didn’t want to accuse him of something that might be legal, so I went and retrieved my handy dandy tint meter from my cool unmarked cruiser. He saw the tint meter and just sighed, and sure enough his side windows were too dark, cha-ching $101. I noticed that his SS was nice and shiny on the outside, but I noticed McDonalds wrappers laying on the floor and asked him if he had a litter bag as required by law. He said he did not, cha-ching $101. I finally finished my survey of his SS and turned to go back to may cool unmarked cruiser and turned back real quick to verify his address on his drivers license and registration. He told me he had moved about 6 months ago and had not got around to changing his address on them, cha-ching $101, cha-ching $101.

I went back and wrote out the infractions mentioned above. I returned to him and advised him of the violations of the law, and asked him to sign the infractions. While he was signing all of them I detected a hint of attitude from him, but being the “Nice Police Officer” that I am, I let it slide, seeing how his infractions totaled up to $1338.00.

He handed me back my citation book and I gave him his copies of the infractions and explained to him the process of taking care of them.

I told him “have a nice night” and turned to walk away and told him over my shoulder “by the way, nice SS”. I could have swore I heard him mumble something disrespectful to me, but being the “Nice Police Officer” that I am, I let it slide, and to think I gave him a break by not writing him for having a tinted cover on his rear license plate, that's grattitude, kids now days. :sigh:

I returned to my cool unmarked cruiser and drove away into the dark and stormy night, thinking to myself “dang kids and their obnoxiously loud exhausts!” :nono:

:crackup: :crackup:

wow, remind me to never show up at the same place this guy is at...  I don't drive around doing dumb sh!t but that sounds like you were just being a dick.

It's police discretion, if an officer doesn't like you for the smallest thing, they can do whatever the hell they want.

Advice... try and not piss off cops at all costs. :D

I can't wait to become a cop. I'll be the type that will do stuff like Rays but only if you give me attitude when I pull you over.

try it....I'll roll down the window an inch and hand you anything you need. You write whatever ticket you want and give it to me...that's fine I'll just go to court. If you were overstepping your boundries the judge will see that. You pull me out of the car I'll have your job. So what if I don't have a front plate...write me up for it and prove that it was not there...try it.

cops can only mess with you if you let them. If you get pulled over all you have to do is open the window enough to communicate and hand them your papers. I will assume if you have an SS you have the means to deal and are not too much of a gas pumper. Always go to court ALWAYS. You have the right to defend yourself. If a cop messes with you file a complaint.

Lets go through this.

Litter bag- I had it but the office said he was in a hurry and would not let me show it to you.

Front Plate - Its on there...where is the proof that it wasnt there. Got a picture?

tint- Ok here is $101

Seatbelt - It was on prove to me that you saw it was off if the tint on my car is too dark to see in. Huh?

Insureance - Here it is your honor. The car was a bit messy and I could not find it. The office told me that I could discuss that with you.

Unsigned reg. - Sorry your honor it won't happen agian.

Thanks for wasting my time a-hole.

... IF I HAVE TO HAVE ONE, THEY HAVE TO HAVE ONE! ...

:crackup::crackup::crackup: Now Ray, you know I am a career speeder, but I agree with you on this one, I'd have probably done the same thing :lol: As a member of the motoring public I want *responsible* people on the road.

I learned that lesson long ago, if you're going to run on the ragged edge you've GOT to be responsible and have all your legal affairs in order. I have come to realize that officers usually cite you because you've been caught being irresponsible (in one form or another), the more irresponsible they find you during their roadside visit the worse things get. My own life strategy is to be responsible, keep insurance/tags/license/safety in order, vehicle detailed inside and out, and not drive stupid. Point is, if you are and appear to be a person that is on top of their shit and works hard to take care of things your visit with the law takes a whole different turn.

Mr. P. :)

loudest i've heard yet is a corsa sport with longtubes...

Hey Zippy, the Corsa Touring has gotten A LOT louder in the last few months, I love it but in the past I could gently accelerate and not make a lot of noise, not so now :lol: I still love it, can't wait to put headers on next year. I can only imagine how loud the Sport muffler is...

Mr. P. :)

:crackup: I was working the nightshift in Peaceful Town, USA, It was a dark and stormy night, and I had parked my cruiser in the local mall parking lot and was kicking back listening to some CCR & BTO when from out of the stillness came this loud obnoxious sounding Silverado SS, it had to be a 2wd SS, because no normal minded AWD SS owner would do such an abhorrent mod to their beloved AWD SS.

Now, it really ticked me off that it was disturbing my music so I decided to make the 2WD SS a project, and a red one at that

I pulled out and followed the “violator of good taste”; knowing full well that it would only take me seconds to come up with a legitimate reason to stop it. And I was right, No Front Plate! Now that’s a very serious violation in my book! IF I HAVE TO HAVE ONE, THEY HAVE TO HAVE ONE!

I turn on my cool red and blue led light display and about make the “violator of good taste” run off the road. He didn’t even see me coming, because I drive an unmarked Chevy Trailblazer for my cruiser, heh heh heh! It’s great!

I contact the “violator of good taste” and he says “officer what did I do wrong?” Not being able to tell him the real reason for the stop, I told him he has to have a front plate; he just sighed and said that it makes his SS look ugly. I said even so, you still have to have one. I told him I was going to have to write him up for the blatant violation, cha-ching $101. He didn’t have his seatbelt on either and I asked him about it. He said he took it off as I was walking up to him; yea right, how many times have I heard that lame excuse, cha-ching $101. I also noticed that he didn’t have his vehicle registration signed as required by law, cha-ching $101. And he told me that he had left his insurance card at home, cha-ching $538. While chitchatting with him I also noticed that his side windows looked a little too dark. Now me being the “Nice Police Officer” that I am, I didn’t want to accuse him of something that might be legal, so I went and retrieved my handy dandy tint meter from my cool unmarked cruiser. He saw the tint meter and just sighed, and sure enough his side windows were too dark, cha-ching $101. I noticed that his SS was nice and shiny on the outside, but I noticed McDonalds wrappers laying on the floor and asked him if he had a litter bag as required by law. He said he did not, cha-ching $101. I finally finished my survey of his SS and turned to go back to may cool unmarked cruiser and turned back real quick to verify his address on his drivers license and registration. He told me he had moved about 6 months ago and had not got around to changing his address on them, cha-ching $101, cha-ching $101.

I went back and wrote out the infractions mentioned above. I returned to him and advised him of the violations of the law, and asked him to sign the infractions. While he was signing all of them I detected a hint of attitude from him, but being the “Nice Police Officer” that I am, I let it slide, seeing how his infractions totaled up to $1338.00.

He handed me back my citation book and I gave him his copies of the infractions and explained to him the process of taking care of them.

I told him “have a nice night” and turned to walk away and told him over my shoulder “by the way, nice SS”. I could have swore I heard him mumble something disrespectful to me, but being the “Nice Police Officer” that I am, I let it slide, and to think I gave him a break by not writing him for having a tinted cover on his rear license plate, that's grattitude, kids now days. :sigh:

I returned to my cool unmarked cruiser and drove away into the dark and stormy night, thinking to myself “dang kids and their obnoxiously loud exhausts!” :nono:

:crackup: :crackup:

And I hope all of you realize that this "Little Story" that I wrote is just that, "A Little Story", ALL WRITTEN IN JEST. Just having a little fun. :lol:

wow, remind me to never show up at the same place this guy is at...  I don't drive around doing dumb sh!t but that sounds like you were just being a dick.

for real.

not a very good way to help police gain respect.

especially right after the recent crimes commited by all these cops and the beating in New Orleans. sounds like abuse of power to me.

I had thought about becoming a state trooper when I reach retirement from the Corps. Don't get me wrong I think they do great things but I cannot stand someone who abuses their power. "to protect and serve" not "pick and pry"

although to Ray's defense the guy he pulled over may very well have been disrespectful which I also have no tolerance for.

Archived