Dyno Graph AEM Brute Force CAI

Meegs

LMAO ... You're right ...

Ya always have to ask yourself ... "Does the mod make me accelerate faster to 0-60 and/or through the 1/4 mile" ...

A gas motor that makes a broader and flatter torque curve will accelerate through the 1/4 mile best TQ peak of course being equal ... (diesels with big boost aside)

So it may just be, that you MAY gain 10 RWHP with a CAI on a wot dyno pull which due to it's design, an operator can only measure power starting at about 2800-3000 RPM ... (On the roll) ... So how can one measure how much was lost, matched or gained off the line and below 3000RPM?

At the track or with a properly used Gtech at least where as many variables are controlled to result in a valid sample ... and then averaged ...

So to conclude, the stock system may not make the best PEAK gains compared to say a $300 CAI, but will it accelerate BETTER or WORSE from a standing start?

And when you drive it daily and are not WOT, how does the motor respond under many conditions? ---

The oem box was designed to create a flat power curve that makes the motor PULL well at many RPM's ... (read FLAT TQ CURVE) ... A truck is designed to haul things and a flat broad curve is easier to live with ... The oem box has great tip-in power and a nice broad torque curve; it makes the motor pull nice vacuum ... But is it best for WOT through the 1/4 mile? ... There is better, but not many are ...

So, to CAI or not to CAI ... ???

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahhh... so same shit we've discussed to death... just more words to say it. gotcha.

Now be nice ... No where did I see anyone discuss "boundary layer", Inlet Air Temp in relation to power reduction via PE, and a couple other things I mentioned ...

I will not assume you gave me a zero on that post and discounted it in one sentence ...

I guess I could have been "typical" and asked what CAI made the most HP and what exhaust to buy like most other newcomers ... :seeya:

is it just me but is this thread really old and way to much reading? :wtf:

snnnnnooorrrrr........what....I fell asleep part way through this thread. I still have stock airbox and an AC Delco filter. The GMPP setup looks good, but as of now I'm either going to stick with stock or roll my own when the time comes.

Archived