I got these muffs on....best ever (borla NOT corsa

Meegs

XR-1® Racing Exhaust

BORLA’s XR-1® Raceline products are the choice of today’s hottest drag and oval track racers. Featuring a patented uninterrupted-flow design and multi-core technology, BORLA’s XR-1® mufflers actually outflow a straight piece of pipe in repeated testing. XR-1® race products are made in the USA and constructed of aircraft-quality T-304 stainless steel for track tough durability. They meet the strictest noise requirements and use sound-absorbing stainless steel packing to protect against burnout. Hands down, BORLA’s XR-1® Raceline offers the best balance of sound and power.

~flows better than a straight pipe!!! tell ya from experience they sound great!!

they also have the stainless steel sound absorbing material to protect against burnout. 3" from Summit $125 i got me 2 of them and took dem up to da exhaust shop and had them weld dem all together for less than the Corsa setup. Dosen't sound as pissed off as my Mustang (648 RWHP) but it is leaps and bounds past stock!!!

The Corsa system is an entire catback system. You can't just buy the muffler, although someone on here did manage to get one.

My experience with Borla on my last truck was not the best one. Very nice catback system, but didn't provide the best sound and there was a lot of resonance in the cab. Way too much. It was not the XR-1 muffler though. Only hope it is better than the one they did provide with the standard catback.

i thought about getting a borla muffler put in the first time but the guy that put in my muffler said that the borla muffler would make alot more cab noise on the highway. and the corsa has no cab noise on the highway but when you step on it gets a good sound

id like to hear it as well.  its gonna be a matter of opinion though.  tons of people wont settle for anything less than corsa, etc, etc, etc.

sounds like its pretty nasty though!  i wanna hear it

Corsa has the worst sounding system out (imo). I have the Borla stingers on my vette thay sound very good also B & B system for the SS sound sweet. I'm waiting for Borla's SS cat back.

i think borla certainly makes a nice product. i'll take a corsa system any day over a borla though and i've installed both types in vehicles. i never did understand the advertising that the XR-1 outflows a straight pipe. what do they think you plan to hook it to???

Anyone wanna donate one of these mufflers and I will personally test it on the flow bench against the same diameter/length piece of tubing. I don't belive it

i guess i could for a short time if you don't damage it and i get it returned to me in the same condition as it was sent to you. but i will have to hack into the exhaust again...umm don't really want to do it, i guess

Yea just keep putting Corsa down. You will wish you had one the next time you have a head ach and have to drive. My corsa is dead quiet until I step into it. When business clients ride with me they don't even know there is an exaust unless I get into it a little bit. At Cruz speed there is no resonence and no cabin disturbance at all, even above 80 or 90 mph where our engines are up at almost 3k on the tach.

...My experience with Borla on my last truck was not the best one.  Very nice catback system, but didn't provide the best sound and there was a lot of resonance in the cab.  Way too much.  It was not the XR-1 muffler though.  Only hope it is better than the one they did provide with the standard catback.

Same experience with Borla here. I had one of their first "stinger" exhausts on my C5 Vette. First big problem was the tips didn't line up at all, and the over-the-axle pipes hit the frame in two places, and the CD tub in the back. A new set of pipes from Borla didn't help the problem either. Finally got the tips good enough, but it was the unbearable resonace that led me to replace the Borlas with a B&B setup. Much better.

Archived