Finally- SilveradoSS.com Supporting Member Program

Mervz

• Admin

As most of you know, we've been talking about having a supporting member program for a while. Well, I've finally had some time to work out the kinks in the system I believe. We'll be doing some final testing over the next few weeks, but I’m confident that by the 24th of this month, we'll be ready to open up for prime time.

So here are some answers to your questions-

What is the supporting member program?

The SSS.com Supporting Member Program is a way to help the members of this site fulfill their picture/video/file hosting needs, and to add other forum benefits for a low annual fee.

What exactly are these "other forum benefits" that you talk about?

Right now, only members with over 100 posts can upload up to 5mb of attachments to their forum postings by using the "Attach file" feature. The supporting member program takes that much farther.

- 50mb of space to upload files, pictures, & documents to new posts and threads

- 50mb of space in the SilveradoSS.com gallery(Coming this week) for videos, picture galleries, documents, and anything else you would want to use an online file storage site for. You can even make galleries private so others cannot see them.

- Upload your own avatar? Tired of having no avatar, or the plain "SS" avatar? Now you can have your own custom avatar!

- 1,000 Private Message Storage Limit. Senior members can only store 100, regular members only 25. Never again will you have to delete old PM's to be able to accept new ones.

- Accentuated username in active users listing

- Supporting Members Only Lounge

- The warm fuzzy feeling of supporting SilveradoSS.com and helping us with our hosting costs.

That sounds great, but please don't tell me it's going to cost a fortune!?

No way. Only $24.99 a year. A BARGIN with the 100mb of combined web storage space you get.

Awesome! But I want more than 50mb of space in the gallery. Is this possible?

YES. We're also going to offer the "Super" Supporting Member Option. This will get you ANOTHER 100mb of space in the gallery for a total of 150mb. 200mb total on the whole site. This option will cost only $10 more, $34.99 a year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be honest. There are two reasons we're doing this. One- To provide a easy solution to everyone who's wanted to host videos, insert pictures in posts, and share files without using an outside and unreliable host. And Two- To recover some of the costs of running the site. Right now, we'll need approx 200 members to sign up at for the program to break even.

So, I ask, please support the site when this great offer comes online in the near future! If you have any questions or comments, please post them in this thread.

Thank you very much everyone! :cheers:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea of the program. I would like to offer anyone in the Tampa/Sarasota Area Photography services for thier truck. I am a semi-professional photographer in the area. I shoot in Digital in JPG or RAW format with a Canon 20D. (8.2MP) which can make a very nice poster size print at your local Ritz or Wolfe Camera Store. If you have the capability I prefer RAW for editing purposes. Hope this is helpful for you guys,

Stazz

I think I can swing a $35 membership... I'll just skip the starbucks for a week :)

**EDIT - Just noticed the lounge will be called 'Gasoline Alley'.... does that mean its going to be over $3.00 per post and the price will go up based on oil? :jester:

**EDIT - Just noticed the lounge will be called 'Gasoline Alley'.... does that mean its going to be over $3.00 per post and the price will go up based on oil?  :jester:

Just for you Cali Boys and Girls

some people live with oil.

so, how warm is it there???

either way i'm in on this deal. :thumbs:

**EDIT - Just noticed the lounge will be called 'Gasoline Alley'.... does that mean its going to be over $3.00 per post and the price will go up based on oil?  :jester:

Just for you Cali Boys and Girls

some people live with oil.

so, how warm is it there???

either way i'm in on this deal. :thumbs:

lol Today's high is 38. We had 3 inches of snow yesterday morning. And the gas prices have never changed the whole time I have been here.

• Admin
Is paypal going to be a paying service for this?

Yes it is. :cheers: (you'll instantly be upgraded after payment)

We will also accept personal checks (upgrade could take a week or two)

Both forms of payment will be easily choosable. :)

Archived