Volant ram air tube

SS Option

Well I was coming home from work and doing nothing out of the ordinary and sounds like someone threw tupperware under my truck at 45 mph. I knew what it was. It was the ram air tube for my volant intake.

Is there a better way to attach to the scoop than a hose clamp at one end? I have a zip tie around the bumper bracket to hold it from moving back and rubbing the tire.

From what I have experienced so for from this product, not at all impressed :nonod: !! Thanks

-CL

I have had mine on for well over a year without a problem. First on the old style box and then on the new style. I feel that it fits alot better on my new style then the old. On the new one it seemd to line up better and did not come as close to the tire as it did before.

i "fit" the air scoop to the brake duct better with a file and dremel tool. Then used 2 very short self tapping screws, and screwed them from the bottom of the scoop into the air duct. This way it ain't going no where. You have to get right up to the air duct and look inside it to see the tips of the screws coming through.

Brad

i "fit" the air scoop to the brake duct better with a file and dremel tool.  Then used 2 very short self tapping screws, and screwed them from the bottom of the scoop into the air duct.  This way it ain't going no where.  You have to get right up to the air duct and look inside it to see the tips of the screws coming through.

Brad

That is exactly what I did.

If you make two 1.5" cuts at the edges of the scoop that fits over brake duct It will allow the scoop to slide further forward and use a large hose/duct clamp, instead of a zip tie, to thebumper bracket it will stay on.

• 1 month later...

many miles on mine, no rubbing or "loss of scoop", doubled up on "worm clamps" / "hose clamps" to the bumper bracket.... very secure fitment, and still easily accessable, but over all.. out-of-the-way..... good luck

:thumbs:

Just curious if everyone experiences wheel rub when they turn the wheels all the way to the left.  When I turn the steering wheel all the way to the left I get some pretty bad wheel rub from the air scoop.

You have to zip tie it to the bumper bracket or it will rub. Mine is rubbing now b/c I have too lazy to replace the zip ties :D

Archived