TT 3000 installed

Chose to post this here. Well, been driving around with a Yank TT3000 converter for several days now. Here are my issues and opinions:

BAD POINTS

1. Install is a bitch with the ASM headders.

2. Gas mileage has dropped from an average of 14.6 to 12.8 under the same driving conditions.

3. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON! Came on after the first WOT test after 40 miles. The truck then seemed to be stuck in 3rd gear. I disconnected the battery (to reset the learning on the computer) and the problem was gone. The engine light is still on (code is recorded) and I will be clearing the code this weekend. Anyone want to guess what it is? :confused:

4. Kind of annoying when in traffic or stoplights or slow moving traffic. Sounds like the truck hunts for the right gear...I expected that.

5. Tranny temp rides at 170 during highway driving and tickles 200 in heavy traffic. Readings using the trucks gauge so I expect a level of error there.

GOOD POINTS

1. Acceleration is improved.

2. Very tight in the RPM drop during shifts.

3. Nice pop in acceleration when down shifting from 2-1.

3. A deffinate performance gain.

I will be installing the Wester's computer this weekend and going to the track the following Friday. I will then post all of my times from stock to now.

Comments? :chevy:

How to you arrive at your gas mileage figures?

The comparison is a little off due to comparing the average I have been getting since I had the truck to the first two tanks since the converter install. The third tank is getting better however still looks like a drop. I am getting 13.4 with 1/4 tank to go.

Possible reasons:

1. Heavy foot to try it out on the first tank. Nothing out of the ordinary though.

2. Computer is adjusting. The idiot light (engine) went off before I had a chance to scan it. Running great now!

3. It has been raining here for it seems like the past 2 weeks. Makes the traffic slower keeping me out of OD for longer periods of time.

Archived