Winter Depression

6.0ss

I'm from Southwestern Oklahoma, and the worst we get here is a little ice, maybe an occasional 1 or two inches of snow maybe twice a year. It's October 24th and last night it got down to 31... that's the coldest it's been so far this fall.

I prefer late spring thru early fall, but I'll admit, winter does kind of bum me out a bit. If I did something fun in the winter weather, it might be something to look forward to, but if I can't wash and wax my truck outside then I'm not happy.

Maybe south texas or Arizona would be nice? Naaaaaa I'll stay in Oklahoma! Even if the sooners are struggling this year! :flag:

I've personally had my fill of winter...it's kinda neat when it snows around Christmas time, but that's about it. Besides that it's just cold and sloppy and rust inducing. Autumn is my favorite...fall foliage, brisk, dense air that Chevy's really respond well to, and my favorite holiday...Halloween :devil: Spring is cool too, and Summer is just hot and humid IMO...we get it all here in Jersey.

It is kinda fun getting my money's worth out of my 4x4 and BFG AT's, but now that I want to lower the truck and get some Gibb's 20's, I really appreciate the milder weather even more.

Plus, shoveling sucks.

648999_86_full.jpg

I agree i wish it was late september/october all year round!

Lol enjoy the cold....I'm just happy to see the end of our 120deg day's here... :jester:

on a lighter note I may have a chance to go to Iraq early.... at least during the winter months. I hear Mosul is pretty nice this time of year...lol Mostly I don't want another hot sticky billion degree summer there... :chevy:

I used to get it bad. November '93 I lived in St. Louis. They set a record for going the whole month with NO sun. Then winter officially began. Sucked.

Before that I grew up in Michigan.

So, after 29 years in the winter zone, I moved to Charlotte NC. No more winter blues but still get 3 seasons (1-1/4 summers, 3/4 each spring and fall, 1/4 winter).

I'm cured.

Archived