Extended Warranty

6.0ss

I have my truck in the shop today getting the front Diff replaced and the carrier barrings replaced as well. The dealer here says it is covered under warranty which is great considering my mods!

They are trying to talk me into an extended warranty. He says that it will cover everything on the truck besides the engine cause of the blower. :dunno:

In my mind it would be worth while to do this cause if the trans goes, it has paid for its self or if the diff or anything else goes it would be covered. But my real concern is that, I buy the warranty, transmission fails and they don't cover it! It just seems like they are trying to doop me into this, :dupe:

What are your thoughts on the situation?

I have my truck in the shop today getting the front Diff replaced and the carrier barrings replaced as well.  The dealer here says it is covered under warranty which is great considering my mods! 

They are trying to talk me into an extended warranty.  He says that it will cover everything on the truck besides the engine cause of the blower.  :dunno:

In my mind it would be worth while to do this cause if the trans goes, it has paid for its self or if the diff or anything else goes it would be covered.  But my real concern is that, I buy the warranty, transmission fails and they don't cover it!  It just seems like they are trying to doop me into this,  :dupe:

My opinion is if your going to get one get the one from gm and not one that the dealer subs out because getting warranty work done is a pain sometimes with those non gm ones.But i would not be surprised at all if you get denied warranty work that involves drivetrain components with a supercharger on the motor unless it was dealer installed.All they have to do is say the charger is what caused the tranny to go or the diff to explode and there really would not be any ground for you to stand on unless it was done by the dealer.

I have my truck in the shop today getting the front Diff replaced and the carrier barrings replaced as well.  The dealer here says it is covered under warranty which is great considering my mods! 

They are trying to talk me into an extended warranty.  He says that it will cover everything on the truck besides the engine cause of the blower.   :dunno:

In my mind it would be worth while to do this cause if the trans goes, it has paid for its self or if the diff or anything else goes it would be covered.  But my real concern is that, I buy the warranty, transmission fails and they don't cover it!  It just seems like they are trying to doop me into this,   :dupe:

My opinion is if your going to get one get the one from gm and not one that the dealer subs out because getting warranty work done is a pain sometimes with those non gm ones.But i would not be surprised at all if you get denied warranty work that involves drivetrain components with a supercharger on the motor unless it was dealer installed.All they have to do is say the charger is what caused the tranny to go or the diff to explode and there really would not be any ground for you to stand on unless it was done by the dealer.

:withstupid: Definately stay away from the aftermarket warranties. I would also be leery of them "saying" they will cover drivetrain with a SC on it. Technically, it's not their call.

Most extended warranties are worth it if you are not modifing your vehicle, my recommendation is the factory extended warr or Fidelity warr. They have been the best from my experience, I have delt with many of them when I was at the dealer and now at my shop. But if you are doing mods they may give you a hard time.

Just my$.02

Tim

I purchased the 5 year, full coverage, GM warranty when I bought the truck. I plan on keeping this one for a while and figured it might be worth it.

Judging by the number of tranny issues that have been noted on this site, I think it was $600 well spent. :chevy:

i got the 100,000 mi on mine, FREE from gm when my frount diff. was replaced. got it for

my inconvence (sp) for the truck being down for 3 weeks. and yes it's bumper to bumper

if you plain on keeping your truck past 3 yrs. then it is a good idea

:seeya:

Very good idea to get the extended, just stick with the GM one and not aftermarket. More often than not with an aftermarket warranty you will have to pay for the repairs yourself and then get your warranty company to pay you back.

Iam guess you guys mean Extended Service contracts. While iam in agreement that The GMPP plans would be your best bet if you decide to go that route. THey have three different levels Basic guard Value guard and a major guard my personal opinion for the money the Major guard is the only one worth getting. They are far from a Bumper to bumper contracts there is plenty they dont cover. I for one think they are a waste of money and I personally dont need a extended service contract to get coverage after the NVW is over

If you are considering a contract though Advoid third party contracts. Dispite getting somthing covered threw them being a paine if they do decline assistance threw the contract it would prohibit assistance from General Motors.

Here is a gide to help you determine which GMPP might be best for you

Comparison

Archived