Avalanche didn't sell :-[

TBSS

It's very hard to get the money back for the mods that you do to a vehicle. Basically when a mod is on the vehicle it adds very little value to it. I had a buddy who had an 04 avalanche with an STS turbo, full exhaust, 24 inch rims, hood, stereo, he had it on the trader for at about 8 months with no serious offers, and he was asking about 7 grand over what a stock one was worth. The dealer offered just a bit over trade in. He ended up parting the truck till it was basically stock. He managed to make more money by selling each of the mods individually and selling the truck as stock. There seems to be not that much intrest for a modified vehicle. Also they worry about warranty issues, abuse, improper install etc. I would try advertisments again, posting on performance forums where there is a greater percentage of people who are interested in modified trucks. If that doesn't work I'd suggest selling the parts individually and then selling the truck. Good luck in your sale. I must say that that is a nice Avalanche.

It's very hard to get the money back for the mods that you do to a vehicle.  Basically when a mod is on the vehicle it adds very little value to it.  I had a buddy who had an 04 avalanche with an STS turbo, full exhaust, 24 inch rims, hood, stereo, he had it on the trader for at about 8 months with no serious offers, and he was asking about 7 grand over what a stock one was worth.  The dealer offered just a bit over trade in.  He ended up parting the truck till it was basically stock. He managed to make more money by selling each of the mods individually and selling the truck as stock.  There seems to be not that much intrest for a modified vehicle.  Also they worry about warranty issues, abuse, improper install etc.  I would try advertisments again, posting on performance forums where there is a greater percentage of people who are interested in modified trucks.  If that doesn't work I'd suggest selling the parts individually and then selling the truck.  Good luck in your sale.  I must say that that is a nice Avalanche.

:withstupid:

I would sell the upgrades/mods separately. I know it doesn't make sense to you. But, most potential buyers would rather have a "stocker". A heavily modded vehicle always raises questions about abuse. ESPECIALLY the supercharger, for some reason.

BTW, if I was looking for an AV, I would be very interested in yours, as it sits. But, that's just my opinion. It's a georgeous truck! You ought to keep it. After owning/driving that, a high mpg car (Honda, etc.) just won't "get it". You might try to find a cheap older economical car for your DD and keep the truck! Keep the truck in the garage and park the little car on the driveway or on the street. I drive an old 1968 VW Beetle as my DD. I don't drive the SS as often as I'd like, but I'm not going to sell it. But then, I'm sure my situation is different than yours.

Good Luck in whatever you do!

T :chevy:

Good Luck!

Now that all the sales on new car have stopped, if you're in the market for a used vehicle, this is a great time. If you're selling a used vehicle, this is a bad time. The market is just flooded with late model used vehicles. (I know, I'm stating the obvious) That's a very nice truck. It may be an issue of bad timing in the marketplace. Good luck.

Archived