Removing rear O2 at S/C install

Hey all, just had a question about removing the rear O2 sensors when I install my Powerdyne. Would it be a good idea to have them programmed out when I get my new PCM tune? Correct me if I'm wrong, but all they do is monitor catylist efficency...right? I'm not having any problems with them or anything, I was just going to make a premptive strike against having to do it later. Thanks!!

Dave

Hey all, just had a question about removing the rear O2 sensors when I install my Powerdyne. Would it be a good idea to have them programmed out when I get my new PCM tune? Correct me if I'm wrong, but all they do is monitor catylist efficency...right? I'm not having any problems with them or anything, I was just going to make a premptive strike against having to do it later. Thanks!!

Dave

your right they only monitor cat efficency

if you are going lose the cats later you might as well take them out.

if you're still running your cats i recomend keeping them.

I was just curious as to the reason to keep them...I could care less if one of my cats goes bad. I may even hog them out later. I just wanted to asksomeone who has more experience with tuning. As long as it won't fool with driveability or throw codes I'm gonna have them deleted, unless I hear otherwise. Thanks

Dave

If you keep the cats, like was mentioned, keep the rear O2s. If they do sense if the cats go bad, you will want to know this.

Some headers will cause a code to trip that may necessitate removal, but I wouldn't do unless the problem comes up. I removed reporting for mine, but I also have gutted cats.

• 1 year later...
If you keep the cats, like was mentioned, keep the rear O2s. If they do sense if the cats go bad, you will want to know this.

Some headers will cause a code to trip that may necessitate removal, but I wouldn't do unless the problem comes up. I removed reporting for mine, but I also have gutted cats.

How do you remove reporting for the rear O2's I have HP tuners ?

Funny, I just posted this reply in another thread:

Have a tuner (or yourself with the necessary software) delete the following codes:

P0137

P0138

P0140

P0141

P0157

P0158

P0160

P0161

P0420

P0430

That will prevent your SES light from popping up and also keep your "readiness states" good to go for OBDII emmissions inspection. You should set the codes to "3 - no error reported" and also have the SES checked (using HPT).

Good luck!

Funny, I just posted this reply in another thread:

Have a tuner (or yourself with the necessary software) delete the following codes:

P0137

P0138

P0140

P0141

P0157

P0158

P0160

P0161

P0420

P0430

That will prevent your SES light from popping up and also keep your "readiness states" good to go for OBDII emmissions inspection. You should set the codes to "3 - no error reported" and also have the SES checked (using HPT).

Good luck!

You should set the codes to "3 - no error reported" and also have the SES checked (using HPT).

Is that checked or unchecked ?????

Archived