Warranty Work

I'm taking my truck in this Monday to have them look at the front differential. Will they, for what ever reason, flash my PCM. I still have my stock PCM as I purchased a core from Bryan. Should I install the stock PCM before I take it in?

They might. They flashed mine before I got the blower because I had a tranny slippage issue, but service departments have been known to flash to give the latest updates to vehicles. Some fixes for TSB's come in the form of software or program updates.

You have a couple of choices - you could do like you said, and swap in a different or stock PCM, or you could just tell them not to flash it. Problem is, if you tell them not to flash it, they could start fishing around and ask why, and if they find out you have aftermarket goodies (especially a tune), they could void part or all of your warranty.

If you have a spare PCM I would swap it out. Even if a service department said they wouldn't, I wouldn't trust them to not screw up and flash it anyway.

The only problem is that I have a 160 degree stat. I've heard that it's not good to run a lower temp stat with the stock tune. I plan on getting a Radix SC in the near future so I may not even end up using Bryans tune.

Archived