Radix 2.9 Tune Request

6.0ss

• 2 weeks later...
i was going to suggest this to the HP Tuners group, but didn't do that. i haven't tried it with my tuner cat yet as it may be an option in there. if version 2.0 for HPT has it i've missed it.

Hey Zippy did you ever get a chance to look into this? I was on the HP Tuners website and it looks like there are MPH settings for the fans in addition to temps. These are supposed to be related to the A/C. Below a set vehicle speed fans will go on to circulate air around the A/C compressor when it is on. Chris said in the V8 Miscellaneous Tuning forum on 11/15 that he would be updating the help files on this.

I'm too stone-age to post the link but hope this helps. :chevy:

I have been looking for these these fields and I can't find them under the fans option. I would LOVE To turn on the fans when i drop below 10 to 15 mph so my AC does not get hot. I have all winter to figure this issue out. but it would be nice when summer comes!

I have been looking for these these fields and I can't find them under the fans option.  I would LOVE To turn on the fans when i drop below 10 to 15 mph so my AC does not get hot.  I have all winter to figure this issue out. but it would be nice when summer comes!

I don't know if this is a recent update. Or maybe HP Tuners doesn't include it for our trucks that didn't come with e-fans stock? What version of their editor do you have, 6.0SS?

I know this capability exists in their programming as per their website and an email exchange I had with them. And a lot of guys in their forum say they have the MPH settings at 30/35 MPH.

I was wondering why Zippy didn't seem to be aware of this function. As I am in the process of ordering the VCM Suite Pro right now, I will try to verify that this is included. :dunno:

i'm aware of it, i just don't use it. once you get rolling the temperature will come down to below the turn on temp anyway and shut the fans off. it's just an extra feature that's not needed. the a/c feature i believe will be added to hptuners very soon.

i'm aware of it, i just don't use it. once you get rolling the temperature will come down to below the turn on temp anyway and shut the fans off. it's just an extra feature that's not needed. the a/c feature i believe will be added to hptuners very soon.

Zippy:

I didn't mean I thought you weren't aware of the function in general, just it's availability through HP Tuners. Apparently it turns out that it's included on some vehicle applications but not for trucks as per 6.0SS. That's why I was confused.

Nonetheless you're right about once you get rolling. And if the fan temps are set low enough, the fans will switch on very quickly after you stop moving anyway. :P

For those of you who have interest, I exchanged emails with Keith at HP Tuners the other day and the A/C fan enable speed parameters do exist. However, they have not been included on all vehicle applications.

If your file does not contain them you can email it to Chris and he will add this function free of charge for any existing VCM Suite Pro owner.

Might be something to do if it gets slow this winter. That way when things heat up in the spring/summer your A/C will be good to go.

Hope this helps. :)

For those of you who have interest, I exchanged emails with Keith at HP Tuners the other day and the A/C fan enable speed parameters do exist. However, they have not been included on all vehicle applications.

If your file does not contain them you can email it to Chris and he will add this function free of charge for any existing VCM Suite Pro owner.

Might be something to do if it gets slow this winter. That way when things heat up in the spring/summer your A/C will be good to go.

Hope this helps.  :)

good job, thanx. good to know.

6.0SS. any results from the track?

Archived