Radix 2.9 Tune Request

6.0ss

Zippy this tune make the engine run much hotter than normal,, my fans seem to turn on every time i slow below 20 mph.

Also on a separate question. is there a way to get the E fans to turn on when the AC is on? That would help a ton with making the cabin seem normal, right now the ac goes from warm to cold depending if the fans are on or off. Making it consistant would be nice.

Joe

i'm waiting for HP Tuners to add that ability to the programming. at this point getting the fans to come on with the a/c is something that needs to be hard wired in. you are saying it's running warmer... is it an overheating type warmer or or just more than usuall.

Zippy this tune make the engine run much hotter than normal,, my fans seem to turn on every time i slow below 20 mph. 

Also on a separate question.  is there a way to get the E fans to turn on when the AC is on?  That would help a ton with making the cabin seem normal, right now the ac goes from warm to cold depending if the fans are on or off.  Making it consistant would be nice.

Joe

Flashscan can read and write hp tuner bins. So I would think anyone with flashscan could modify your bin so for what temp you want your fans to come on with ac on. Then just flash the modified bin with hp tuner. I can change it for you if you want to try it.

Also on a separate question.  is there a way to get the E fans to turn on when the AC is on?  That would help a ton with making the cabin seem normal, right now the ac goes from warm to cold depending if the fans are on or off.  Making it consistant would be nice.

Joe

Flashscan can read and write hp tuner bins. So I would think anyone with flashscan could modify your bin so for what temp you want your fans to come on with ac on. Then just flash the modified bin with hp tuner. I can change it for you if you want to try it.

Unless they have HPT 2.0, like 6.0ss seems to have. He sent me a bin of his and I was unable to open it with Flashscan. Had an HPT extension instead of the BIN extension of the past...

Joe

Unless they have HPT 2.0, like 6.0ss seems to have. He sent me a bin of his and I was unable to open it with Flashscan. Had an HPT extension instead of the BIN extension of the past...

Just read up on this some more, flashscan can read and write .bin from hpt but when they are saved they are encrypted so hpt will no longer be able to read it.

Sorry

• 2 weeks later...
i was going to suggest this to the HP Tuners group, but didn't do that. i haven't tried it with my tuner cat yet as it may be an option in there. if version 2.0 for HPT has it i've missed it.

Hey Zippy did you ever get a chance to look into this? I was on the HP Tuners website and it looks like there are MPH settings for the fans in addition to temps. These are supposed to be related to the A/C. Below a set vehicle speed fans will go on to circulate air around the A/C compressor when it is on. Chris said in the V8 Miscellaneous Tuning forum on 11/15 that he would be updating the help files on this.

I'm too stone-age to post the link but hope this helps. :chevy:

Archived